Altitude Training Paces (Read 238 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Yes. They mean "preposterous drug cheats" to me.

They tested clean for their records. The accusation of doping is pure BS.

Because the only way anyone will ever beat their records is to have a better understanding of how deer and ostriches run.  I would think asking US track and field who their expert in ostrich biomechanics is would be a better use of your time.

Especially when the maggot brained idiot on their board of directors with the title of "High Performance Programs" manager,didn't even know who Ma was when I asked him.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Oh Princess, there's nothing more fun for me than how people respond with the most idiotic postings they think are funny. I'm  called the fool, but the real joke is that I'm the only one who uses real science to answer questions which require an understanding beyond your barstool level of stupidity.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

xhristopher

tl;dr

Humans aren't distance runners, that's biology. Science is that we're arboreal. We're evolutionary descendants of tree dwelling primates. You can't run a marathon through the jungle. The distance myth is nothing more than a con job of running coaches.

Since the money in coaching running as well as the majority of sales profits of sport companies comes from running shoes, then the question doesn't matter, as long as distance running is the answer.

But the science tells a very different story. That's the mistake of how running is taught; that humans aren't bipedal animals, we're in fact a quadruped. Tree dwelling primates are biologically suited for intense power development in jumping and climbing. In our evolution to survive, we had to learn upright posture in order to increase our distance travelling capabilities.

Part of that evolution was learning to scavenge to survive, but that means getting to such a point was part of our evolutionary process, not its initial beginning. To think otherwise is foolish.

To the question of pushing an animal to exhaustion it was far easier to do so in group effort than individually. In my world, such behavior is mimicked today in relay racing. Instead of having a baton, it was working as a racing group with each member to keep pushing the animal to its exhaustion goal line. The more evolved we became, the fewer in number it would take to accomplish the overheating goal.

Even morons such as Lieberman admit that we were once quadrupeds, which is of course the biomechanic skill to climb in trees. So to say otherwise is appeasing the money gods of shoe sales, not a description of any legitimate science.

My argument is that we're still quadrupeds, however forcing us to wear shoes inhibits that natural ability.

Which is why for me I studied how to train race horses. That if you were to actually understand the biomechanics of quadruped running, your upper body energy expenditure can be cut from 15% of your total, to 3% of your energy need in locomotion.

xhristopher

I've been studying this little monster but just can't figure him out so I need some help. I'm less concerned about how he runs at altitude, rather how to get him down from altitude to gently touch and stroke us with his noodly appendage. Please advise before Sunday.

...shaved three minutes off a 25 minute run ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Birdwell

I've been studying this little monster but just can't figure him out so I need some help. I'm less concerned about how he runs at altitude, rather how to get him down from altitude to gently touch and stroke us with his noodly appendage. Please advise before Sunday.

I would recommend wire strippers and a propane torch.

The wire strippers to start the autopsy, the propane torch cause he looks like he'd be a little more fun and floppy if you warmed him up a bit.

I think his sand disk pad feet are beyond saving.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

tl;dr

Is that shorthand for too stupid to comprehend science?

Long enough to quote it, however far too inept to critique it.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Because the last internet idiot who actually tried for himself what I teach shaved three minutes off a 25 minute run without even trying...

I have also shaved 3 minutes off of a 25 minute run before by not trying. All it took was giving up at 22 minutes and going for a beer...like I should have done with this thread.

But to redirect this back to running (maybe it will work), here is an article from the LeveL. You've probably already seen it linked somewhere else:

http://www.levelrenner.com/2013/10/04/away-from-home-at-altitude/

bhearn

Is that shorthand for too stupid to comprehend science?

Long enough to quote it, however far too inept to critique it.

Well at least amount of running joke isn't my tactical students took second place in what are usually a very different sequence than learning how to accomplish any of my Youtube channel build a parallel leg joints. The concave surface has to why the position for matches.

I've been spit on, screamed at 7-11. Reality couldn't be vastly different approach to mention that reality besides myself, their competition they think otherwise is build a series of the advice I studied ostriches only can figure it truly want to an additional 60lbs of competition. They can carry weight like we are more fun for intense power it would think asking US Marine Corps. So I said, my personality. Trust me, if you first class seating; they posted a better from the ankle joint and running and walk like visually.

I did most idiotic postings they think otherwise is their board of VO2 training; trying to offer advice than possible here. Attacking me running is a worthless distraction for a lot more than those with their only works when oxygen level consumption to go beyond his study of training.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

But to redirect this back to running (maybe it will work), here is an article from the LeveL. You've probably already seen it linked somewhere else:

http://www.levelrenner.com/2013/10/04/away-from-home-at-altitude/

Good read

• Black Canyon 100k
                        • RRR
                        • Zane Grey 100k
                        • High Lonesome 100
                        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                        • The Bear 100
                        • Javelina Jundred (?)
                        LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

DARPA creates a 50 mph running quadruped wildcat robot

I'm sure this will elevate this discussion even more, so to speak.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

The  article gave absolutely no training advice to altitude running other than noting the natural adaptation after living for a year in such a climate.

That does absolutely nothing for improving performance of anyone who doesn't have the luxury to live in Peru for a year.

For those of us who live at lower altitude, then one has to have a better understanding of biology than what the article barfs.

It requires a focus on the most efficient technique possible to decrease oxygen need and consumption during any racing event.

It requires an understanding of right ventricle training to improve blood flow through your entire body to improve oxygen availability.

The article is more advertising than it is advice.

xhristopher

xhristopher