One year later (Read 187 times)

Gstrobe188

Last February I got off my butt, quit smaoking, and started running again. My first 5k was in last April and I ran a 25:35. Saturday I ran in the same 5k and ran a 22:43. Not bad for someone that turns 40 in October. Proof any one can get up and go!!!

5k 22:22, Quarter Marathon 52:45, Mini Duathlon 1:00:14

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations!  Especially on the quitting smoking!

steph  

Last February I got off my butt, quit smaoking, and started running again. My first 5k was in last April and I ran a 25:35. Saturday I ran in the same 5k and ran a 22:43. Not bad for someone that turns 40 in October. Proof any one can get up and go!!!

Congratulations and well done! I fixed a line in your post btw, no qualificaiton needed there.

Woohoo!! Congrats!

some call me Tim

Awesome- three cheers from another ex-smoker, and it looks like you need to update your sig!

Congratulations and well done! I fixed a line in your post btw, no qualificaiton needed there.

+1. Nice going, Gstrobe.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Congratulations!  Running helped me quit, too--running is a much better addiction to have!

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                Emil Zatopek

Outside Lane

Congrats and way to go!  I have quit smoking since this past New Year's Eve.  Your 5K time is great - keep up the good work!

See how they run...

That's cool, Gstrobe, congratulations! Nice bump on your 5K time, too.