Another Daddyo family race day MTA: photos (Read 931 times)

Go Pre!

SO...the 4 regular runners in the family ran a 5K yesterday. It was another out of towner (hour away) but the race promoter always offers a family rate and they do sucha great job with their races it's worth it. It was the St Patricks day 5K. It was a smaller event (just under 100 runners) so the chances of medalling were good. What we didn't expect, was al 4 of us to place. * Cammy (7) finished 1st in the 10 and under age group (there was only him this time around but he still ran well, (62nd overall Smile * Sarah (14) finished 1st in her age group, 35th overall, and 6th female overall. * Anita, (Mommyo) got 3rd in her age group (her first medal!). She would have fnished 2nd but she had to wait for Cameron who was a bit sluggish due to a late night sleepover party the night before. * I finished 21st overall and 3rd in my age group with a personal record of 21:05. On my way to my goal of a sub 20 5K. (for a short while, I was disappointed for being the only one not to medal as there was a mistake in the age group categories and I was listed as 4th at first - to my surprise the changed it in time for the awards.) Needless to say, it was a fun day for us. Another well run event. The weather was gorgeous, first warm day in a while and it was a pleasure to run in shorts agian with no slippery spots.The chili and beer included afterwards was awesome! Only 5 more days to the Easter Good Friday Road races. (5K) Definitely getting good speedwork in for our marathon training! MTA: photos Pictures added! See post below...
      Congratulations on a successful race day for everyone and for your new PR!

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go! Congratulations to your whole family. That's so cool that you all placed! Teresa
        JakeKnight

You're going to need a rather large wall for the race bibs and medals. With some pretty serious shelving units for all the trophies. Hope you're into carpentry. Get busy. That is indeed so very cool.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is SO cool! I love your family race reports. I wish I could get my DS (7) interested in 5ks. I don't like 5ks to "race," but I'd love to run it easy alongside him.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You're going to need a rather large wall for the race bibs and medals. With some pretty serious shelving units for all the trophies. Hope you're into carpentry. Get busy. That is indeed so very cool.
              I was thinking along the same lines Jake, but I was actually thinking addition. There might be a delay, so you better start pulling the construction permits now Daddyo. What a great way to spend time together. Only thing missing from this picture is....the pictures. Please tell me you didn't forget the camera.

E.J.
              Greater Lowell Road Runners
              Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

JakeKnight

I was thinking along the same lines Jake, but I was actually thinking addition. There might be a delay, so you better start pulling the construction permits now Daddyo.
                Good call. He'll need a whole new room eventually. A wall won't do it. Might as well get started on the new room now. Or maybe just buy a bigger house.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think Chez Daddyo needs something like this:

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I love these reports!! Congrats to you, your kids and Mommyo ( Big grin). Funny how that happened for you at the last minute too! Just the fact that you all got out and did something together is great IMO. Way to promote the family spirit and good health all at the same time.

Go Pre!

Thanks all, and ya, spending family time together rocks. I love not having to drag them too. I was looking at the stack of bibs last night wondering what to do with them. In the last 18 months we have attended 26 events. A couple of those had only 1 of us racing. A few had 2 of us and the rest was the 4 of us (our oldest 19 attended a couple but now is too busy with pubs, girls, friends etc although he was a top 3K cross country runner when in high school) So the total amount of bibs and medals is 63 - not including Sarah and her older brother school cross country race paraphernalia! And lot of clanging finishers medals Smile MTA: No, we didn't bring the camera this time, but there should be some from the event online this week. I can't wait to see them because we shaved little Cam's head into a nice Mohawk as it was 'Crazy Hair Day' at Spring Break Camp a couple of days before. Get your family in on the fun!
                        Those smiles say it all, what a great day for Mommyo, Daddyo, and the kiddyos. My son does his running on soccer fields, but one of these days he'll give in and join me for a 5K. At least that's what I tell myself, can't blame a guy for hopin'.

E.J.
                        Greater Lowell Road Runners
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Great pics Dave!! Awesome looking family...and look at that little "professional" Cam giving it his all! Smile
                            Thanks all, and ya, spending family time together rocks. I love not having to drag them too. I was looking at the stack of bibs last night wondering what to do with them. In the last 18 months we have attended 26 events. A couple of those had only 1 of us racing. A few had 2 of us and the rest was the 4 of us (our oldest 19 attended a couple but now is too busy with pubs, girls, friends etc although he was a top 3K cross country runner when in high school) So the total amount of bibs and medals is 63 - not including Sarah and her older brother school cross country race paraphernalia! And lot of clanging finishers medals Smile MTA: No, we didn't bring the camera this time, but there should be some from the event online this week. I can't wait to see them because we shaved little Cam's head into a nice Mohawk as it was 'Crazy Hair Day' at Spring Break Camp a couple of days before. Get your family in on the fun!
                            Hey, I LOVE that Offce marathon shirt your daughter has. Any idea where I can order one?? Congrats on the family success Smile
                              Ditto on the Office shirt. And I love the 'hawk. I do that several times a summer. He probably intimidated the competion away. Go Tribe Daddyol!
                              Carl A

Here's a link to those shirts. Great write-up and pictures, Dave!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.