Can't Find a Race - NY (Read 598 times)

Does anyone know of any races in NY in the Campbell, Bath, Corning, Horseheads area? I've been looking for a race (10 miles and under) in any of those areas. My parents own a campground in Campbell, NY and I'd like to plan a visit for a time when there is a race going on in that area. It's a seasonal campground so I won't be looking to make that 5 hour drive until early May...a race sometime between May and Sept is what I've been looking for. Either there aren't any, or I just am not good at searching for them. I think that the furthest I'll drive from Campbell to a race is an hour travel time. Modified to add: I've never done trail running so I would have to say no to trail races. With my luck I'd break an ankle within 5 minutes of being on a trail!

Michelle

I don't, personally, but you can go to www.active.com and put in a zip code to find races within your area. Good luck!
      2009: BQ?
        (Whoops, forgot I was checking Charlie's (my son's) RA profile) - Mississippi
          trishierunner - Thanks!! I didn't know I could do that with Active.com. I found two races for cities super close to my mom's campground. The marathon relay on September 30th would be good, if I knew two other people in that area who would be willing to run 8 or 9 miles....or if anyone would be up for a road trip - free board at the campground (in camper/trailers that time of year)! Big grin Modified to add.... http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1396475 Modified to add... The more I think about it the more I want to do this marathon relay.

Michelle

I'd be up for it! Just realized that I would be tapering for a marathon then but I still would be up for it!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You can also try Finger Lakes Runners. They do a lot of trail races, but some aren't as technical as others. And I think they do some roads.
              2008 Goals
            • Run 1250 miles
            • Get down to 135!
            • Break 5 hours in the NJ Marathon
              • rockenmamof5 -- Seriously? We would need a third runner.

Michelle

My husband could be the third if all else fails Big grin And yes I'm serious.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

rockenmamof5 --- Well have to work on the details... Check out my Myspace so you can see what kind of people we are...in case you'd want to change your mind!! Just teasing - we're not all that bad. My mom's campground's link is listed under The Best Campground in the World....so you can see what it's like. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=158100393

Michelle

OMG you listen to country music. Ok I changed my mind Clowning around But seing how you loved Secret Garden, you must be alright! BTW we're avid campers (though dh prefers to hike out a bunch of miles befoe pitching up a tent)

HEY. I don't JUST like country music. It is my favorite, but considering that my husband loves rock and alternative I am limited to when I get to play country. With this campground there is no hiking a couple miles before putting up a tent, the campground is only 33 acres. The focus can't be on actual "camping"...the pool is fun, and there are activities for the kids (although I usually end up helping my mom and step-dad for the activities).

Michelle

I myself like all types of music. Shewwwwwwwww glad to hear that! I can't imagine trying to get the twins to walk a few miles for camping. Since having them we've done most our camping at Hawk Mountain with tent just a few feet from the car. Oh and if you haven't noticed I can be quite the smart a$$. That is my dear husbands fault Tongue OH btw that is the kind of camping I grew up on Big grin

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I myself like all types of music.
                            I like both types of music -- country AND western. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I like both types of music -- country AND western. Tongue
                              I GET IT!! My thoughts aren't quite here today I had to read that a few times to catch on.

Michelle

rockenmamof5 --- If you scroll down on my playlist on my Myspace you'll see it's not ALL country music. OR Better yet, check out my Ipod music list - okay===so maybe MOST of it is country... I DO NOT OWN A COWGIRL HAT! OR BOOTS. I have limits. Big grin

Michelle