RA Update (May 6) (Read 1548 times)

eric :)

Hi Eric, I LOVE the new streak widget! This is only going to further my obsession. I noticed one thing with it this morning. I had tried a streak earlier in March, but it got broken by 3 days in April (april 20-22, no running, but I did input other stuff in my log - swimming on 4/20, weights on 4/21, and walking on 4/22, each as separate activity types, not running. When I first added the streak widget, it said 41 days, even though it just restarted on 4/24. I removed the walking entry on 4/22 and it correctly says 13 days now. No big deal to me, I don't need to log my walking, I just didn't like seeing empty space on my calendar view... Smile Thanks again!
    t_runner, That was a bug. I've fixed it and it should work properly for you. For future reference, you should not remove any entries to get it to work. eric :-)

Totally cool. Is there any way to get the "streak counter" to recognize any activity? In other words...Can I get a streak going of doing something on any given day?
      You can specify the activity type when you're editing the summary page.
      t_runner

t_runner, That was a bug. I've fixed it and it should work properly for you. For future reference, you should not remove any entries to get it to work. eric :-)
        Works great now - thanks!!
        anneb

Thanks eric!

Anne

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Totally cool. Is there any way to get the "streak counter" to recognize any activity? In other words...Can I get a streak going of doing something on any given day?
            You can specify the activity type when you're editing the summary page.
            I think this means not 1 particular activity, but all activities. For instance I run 6 days a week and don't really plan on adding a 7th, but I almost always bike on the off day. A streak would be nice for an "All category". Not a huge deal, but nice if it was there.

I think this means not 1 particular activity, but all activities. For instance I run 6 days a week and don't really plan on adding a 7th, but I almost always bike on the off day. A streak would be nice for an "All category". Not a huge deal, but nice if it was there.
              Hrm... You maybe right. This is certainly possible. It's actually a little bit easier to do but I'm not sure how useful it is. Am I thinking about it wrong?

Maniac

This is exactly what I meant. I don't know how useful it is for folks who don't get wrapped up in streaks, but I love widgets and streaks. However, I don't want a streak that goes 1, 0, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0....Get my drift? However an "All Category" streak might motivate me to walk, lift weights, swim, do SOMETHING on "non running days". In other words....It's probably only useful to me. Thanks again Eric. I love the site!!!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

jeffdonahue

Thanks for the widget Eric. It works awesome. I also know that this was one that I had requested back when I started the Mile A Day Running Group for those of us that run every day (I will hit 500 days tomorrow). It is just what I was looking for. Thanks again, and thanks for everything on this site. Jeff
                  Teresadfp

One day at a time

I would use the "all-activities streak" widget, also. It would encourage me to exercise every day.

Outside Lane

I have been breathing for 17542 days - does that count? Wink I need to start streaking! Getting over damn PF.... Thanks Eric!

See how they run...

Wingz

Professional Noob

I have been breathing for 17542 days - does that count? Wink
                        I dunno - did you log it? It only counts if you log it... Evil grin

Roads were made for journeys...