Nocturnal Nibbling? (Read 944 times)

The Greatest of All Time

I typically go to bed around 9 during the week, and without fail I wake up around 11:30 hungry and/or thirsty as hell. Does anyone else deal with this? I have found a quick 100 calorie chewy granola bar satiates me. And I have been known to chug a can of Coke Zero in two gulps and go right back to bed. I am not looking for suggestions or fixes because I don't think it's a problem. I am just curious to know if this happens to anyone else and what you eat.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Lazy idiot

I am not looking for suggestions or fixes because I don't think it's a problem. I am just curious to know if this happens to anyone else and what you eat.
      I do not go to bed nearly as early as you do, but I find myself very hungry at 11:30-12:00 as well. I typically eat a bowl of potato chips (mostly tortilla, but I'm not too picky) and one or three Dove chocolates. And maybe a frozen fruit bar. And maybe some water. Big grin

Tick tock

VictorN

Make sure you guys brush your teeth after such midnight snacks! Smile Victor

The Greatest of All Time

one or three Dove chocolates.
          You got something against even numbers?

No. This quote is sponsored by the number "11".

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Right or wrong, I'll often eat breakfast cereal with soy milk as a post-dinner/pre-bed snack. Lately, it has been Frosted Mini-Wheats with Vanilla Soy milk. I am sometimes running as early as 4 am, so this is really just an early breakfast IMHO.
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I typically go to bed around 9 during the week, and without fail I wake up around 11:30 hungry and/or thirsty as hell. Does anyone else deal with this? I have found a quick 100 calorie chewy granola bar satiates me. And I have been known to chug a can of Coke Zero in two gulps and go right back to bed. I am not looking for suggestions or fixes because I don't think it's a problem. I am just curious to know if this happens to anyone else and what you eat.
                Well duh. What do you expect to happen when all you eat is protein powder? Evil grin Wink

Lazy idiot

No. This quote is sponsored by the number "11".
                  Bingo.

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

I go to bed at 8:30 and wake up between 12 and 3:30 every night thirsty. So i drink a glass of water and go back to bed! I find if I eat right before bed I wake up in the morning starving.
                      Mostly if I wake in the wee hours of the night (like 3am) I'll just go back to sleep but if I wake up around midnight, and I'm hungry...it becomes a midnight munchie party Big grin. The corn chips are great (organic & gluten free). There's usually no chocolate in the house (coz if I buy it, I eat it!!!) but sometimes I'll make smoked oysters & cheese on cracker biscuits (the really nice buttery type of crackers....mmmmmmm......buttery crackers.....). Oh, where was I? That's right....food....mmmm.....food..... Sorry, getting sidetracked again. When I know I really shouldn't have crap food but I have a sweet craving, I'll make myself a milk Milo (sort of like your hot chocolate but nicer) with honey, read a bit and then go back to sleep. And I still wake up starving in the morning. We run, therefore, we can pigout (I'm sure that quote can be traced directly to Shakespeare)...
                        I don't go to bed until about 11:30 or 12:00 each night and I pretty much eat from the time I get home from work until I go to bed so I don't wake up during the night hungry. BUT...I do wake up with a growling stomach. I typically have a bowl of cereal right before bed and big glass of water. The water is aid in making me want to get out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6:00 Big grin (give or take some time depending on if I want to run in the a.m. or not).

Michelle

Bugs

{{chuckle, chucke}} Why have three when five is better.

Bugs

Kings Canyon NP 07'

And I am awake now ready this post while drinking water.

left-right-left-right-repeat

A Saucy Wench

If I wake up starving and am being food conscious I eat a cheese stick. The protein seems to do the best for taming the midnight munchies without a lot of calories. Plus something about calcium at night does help sleep. Otherwise I head for the cereal too. But I dont sleep as well after a carb infusion.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

If I wake up starving and am being food conscious I eat a cheese stick. The protein seems to do the best for taming the midnight munchies without a lot of calories. Plus something about calcium at night does help sleep. Otherwise I head for the cereal too. But I dont sleep as well after a carb infusion.
                                It appears that I got up last night and ate a mini ice cream sandwich as there was a wrapper on the kitchen counter this morning and I know DW didn't eat it. Shocked