Hats (Read 1434 times)

Anybody have a favorite? Fitted vs. Not Fitted? I need a hat to keep the sun off my face. Most of my running is done at lunch time and/or kids naptime. Thanks.

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Good question - my baseball cap is always blowing off my head! Drives me bonkers.
        I'll tell you what not to get. A black hat. My wife got me a Nike Dri-Fit baseball cap and I love it except on a hot, sunny day. My head will bake. Plus I have to get in the shower with it after a sweaty run because if I don't, it gets all crusty with salt and the hat looks like a zebra print.
          I have three Nike Dry Fits. They have a Velcro closure for adjustability. Three is because they get stinky. I got two real cheap at a Nike outlet and the other was a gift.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Plus I have to get in the shower with it after a sweaty run because if I don't, it gets all crusty with salt and the hat looks like a zebra print.
            I throw mine in the washer on delicate then air dry them. I think mine are Nike and Sporthill and they all come out fine! I'm washing all my running clothes constantly anyway, so I just throw them in.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I throw mine in the washer on delicate then air dry them. I think mine are Nike and Sporthill and they all come out fine! I'm washing all my running clothes constantly anyway, so I just throw them in.
              Yep, I throw them in a delicates bag with my bras. I like the Nike ones, as well as a couple of Brooks ones I have that are similar with velcro closure. I never run without a hat of some sort.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Nike Dry Fit adjustable. $20.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                mgd

Don't laugh, but I run in a wide brimmed fishing/boonie type hat that has a mesh band around the top. I think I got it at Bass Pro. I'm sure I look retarded, but it keeps my head cool and my ears and neck from burning. When it gets too funky, I just toss it in the wash. Good or bad, people always seem to remember "the dude in THAT hat."
                  If you don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will?

I got a white mesh hat at the NYC marathon that I like running in - relatively cool, doesn't blow off, keeps sun and rain off my face.

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

go sox!

Imminent Catastrophe

Tech running hats from races--Marine Corps, Hatfields & McCoys, San Francisco, Honolulu. Or Marathon Maniacs. I'll just bet that a Flying Monkey hat would be a big hit!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

kcam

I'll tell you what not to get. A black hat. My wife got me a Nike Dri-Fit baseball cap and I love it except on a hot, sunny day. My head will bake. Plus I have to get in the shower with it after a sweaty run because if I don't, it gets all crusty with salt and the hat looks like a zebra print.
                          I'm a fan of the dark, salt, zebra-striped hat. Makes you look like you mean it.

A Saucy Wench

I buy a white baseball style hat every marathon expo and that is my hat for the next cycle. If I ever start running more than 1 marathon a year I will have to reconsider this policy. All I ask is that they are washable and in the washer they go...but not very often. My current hat has a turtle on it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Nike Dry Fit adjustable. $20.
                              Agreed.

left-right-left-right-repeat