Why the Kenyans are so fast (Read 693 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Look at this video, where the runner has a natural somewhat inline stride.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG-xLi2m5Rc

I love this video because it was thrown at me for my articles on Elitfts. At the time I wrote it his record even in college was still his high school best. This link was published his collegiate junior year documenting how much he'd improved up to that point given the video was made before he went to college in the first place...

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3350&ATCLID=205497881

Since his improvement came long after the video and multiple races to actually improve, I'd easily state the good doctor had absolutely nothing to do with his improvement.

I'd love to see a video of him running now and compare it to the doctor's coaching BS. That would solve the technique contrast.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

You forgot the relationship of the aircraft with the pilot; they need no specialized training in handling as with a conventional twin engine pilot certificate.

Its not an issue of drag, its an issue of thrust..... 

BzBzBzzzzzzzzz.....{Paraphrasing!}... 

Humans are no different....

One final question:  If the pilot of the Aircraft takes off his shoes, can the plane fly 20% faster ?

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Ostrich runner

One final question:  If the pilot of the Aircraft takes off his shoes, can the plane fly 20% faster ?

It probably depends on how big the hoes are.

edit: dammit, you edited before I could reply.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

It probably depends on how big the hoes are.

edit: dammit, you edited before I could reply.

Lol, that is because I don't have shoes on... I am editing and posting 20% faster than you are. Approve

(For newcomers to this part of the discussion, I mistyped "hoes" vice "shoes" before I had edited to fix.  Freudian slip I guess, got things on my mind... :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Latent Runner

Lol, that is because I don't have shoes on... I am editing and posting 20% faster than you are. Approve

(For newcomers to this part of the discussion, I mistyped "hoes" vice "shoes" before I had edited to fix.  Freudian slip I guess, got things on my mind... :-)

Share?  Sounds like what's on your mind is pretty intesting.  Cool

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
            • 2-mile: 13:49
            • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
            • 5-Mile: 37:24
            • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
            • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
            • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

Ostrich runner

You guys could always call up Robert...one of the things he's best at is impersonating a woman for phone sex.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Latent Runner

You guys could always call up Robert...one of the things he's best at is impersonating a woman for phone sex.

Said in my best Rob Ford imitation voice, "I have plenty to eat at home."  Clown

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                • 2-mile: 13:49
                • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                • 5-Mile: 37:24
                • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                • Half Marathon: 1:42:13
                sport jester

Biomimeticist

"it was proposed that it’s not necessarily what you wear on your feet that matters, but how you land"

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2013/05/a-minimalismbarefoot-fad-and-inconsequential-footstrikes/

Why is it that I'm ridiculed for saying the exact same thing. Not to mention that I never fell for the training hype anyway...

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Lane

For newcomers to this discussion, a Freudian slip is when you mean one thing and say your mother... er I mean, you say another.

Really nice video on Colm O'Connell.

(It's an hour, but well spent.)

I finally finished watching it. Wow. That was absolutely brilliant.

There is so much about it that is just awesome. The narration by Eamon Coghlan (a boyhood hero), the peaceful voices of David Rudisha and Silas Kiplagat ... and so much of it is just visually stunning. Really, really well done.

"... I come away thinking how hard it is, to achieve simplicity."

Runners run

There is so much about it that is just awesome. The narration by Eamon Coghlan (a boyhood hero), the peaceful voices of David Rudisha and Silas Kiplagat ... and so much of it is just visually stunning. Really, really well done.

"... I come away thinking how hard it is, to achieve simplicity."

I've spent at least 2 hours with it since Jeff sent it to me almost two years ago.

Here's a related post.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I've spent at least 2 hours with it since Jeff sent it to me almost two years ago.

Here's a related post.

I had forgotten about that post--that is probably where I first saw that video, but unfortunately never watched it all the way through until now. Glad I finally did.

Runners run

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Yeah, that video is well worth the sit.  Certainly a better use of time than reading SJ nonsense.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

C-R

Yeah, that video is well worth the sit.  Certainly a better use of time than reading SJ nonsense.

Indeed and I didn't see any tape or treadmills in the whole video.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

GC100k

Is it genetics that make the Irish such great coaches?  In addition to Colm O'Connell, John McDonnell is the most successful college coach ever.