Help, I've got dependenongarminosis! (Read 260 times)

Runslowalksalot

I didn't use to be this way, I was quite contented to just run, no headphones, not even a watch.   I would stop running when I got tired or after a particular loop with only a vague idea of how long/far I went.   Then I married  a slave to the watch triathalete who got a Garmin and convinced me that if I really wanted to train for a half marathon, I needed a training plan.  So I got a Garmin  forerunner310 XT, I wanted the waterproof one as I also paddle.  It started out innocently enough, keeping tabs on my heart rate, splits and average pace.   Then my wife got me an AT threshold treadmill test by our local training guru for my birthday who set me up with my training zones and a plan.   After that, I had to have Garmin for all of my workouts, even in the gym.  I kept tabs on my resting heart rate like it was a hurricane tracking chart, while constantly comparing similar workout stats checking improvements and setbacks.     I hit rock bottom this morning when I mistakenly deleted 2 workouts before they were uploaded to my computer and went mentally postal like a black Friday camp-out shopper that still didn't get the tickle me Elmo; NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Reality check nerdo, step on the scale, you're still fat.  Back off on the beer and you just might lose that last 10 lbs you've been up and down with for how many years?   I like beer, a lot.

Ya know what, I'm on the wagon till new year's.   It wasn't my plan, but lets see how much weight I lose just by not drinking!  I just hope I can steer clear of replacing beer with salty snack foods.  Not having a beer is easy, fighting the munchies, that's tough.

Whoops, don't forget to charge Garmin for the morning run!

an amazing likeness

If they didn't get logged, they didn't happen. Sorry about that.

Feel better soon. 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Walk-Jogger

How many beers are there in 1 lb? Isn't it like 15 or 16 pints? 

Retired &  Loving It

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you're getting 15 pints for a pound, you're going to the right pubs.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Beer makes me hungry.  There is some physiological reason behind it, but I'm not a doctor or scientist, so I just know it makes me hungry.

Not having a beer is easy....

Mileage varies on that point.

ultramarathon/triathlete

What if you only drink during beer miles?  Then you could justify the beer while on the wagon.  You could just be sure to do beer miles every day.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                Gatorade Endurance Team

Gator eye

Give up beer, why that's just non-sense talk. I'm putting you on my ignore list.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Beer gets a bad rap.  Eat less, drink more.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Beer makes me hungry.  There is some physiological reason behind it, but I'm not a doctor or scientist, so I just know it makes me hungry.

Beer makes me want to eat popcorn or chips or peanuts.  Popcorn, chips, or nuts make me want to drink beer.  Win-win.

noroll

Don't bother me, I'm thinking.

Joann Y

Best exercise calculator I've seen

Walk-Jogger

Retired &  Loving It

Gator eye

12 oz in most bottles or cans.

I gotta find me some of that Dogfish 120 min IPA at 450 cal per serving it sounds very filling.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

If you're getting 15 pints for a pound, you're going to the right pubs.

A pint's a pound and makes you round.