Know anyone that can make a mean tofu casserole? (Read 682 times)

Now that was a bath...

And they can't be small - if you know what I mean. Yes
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Now that was a bath...

By the way - I am dying my hair purple as we speak. And I had it cut today but I did take my pajama's off first.. I am feeling so furry and radical.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This thread is useless without pictures.

Another Passion

This thread is useless without pictures.
          I'll second that. I LOVE seeing pictures of large tofu casseroles! Big grin

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Claire, if you find a recipe that you like, please pass it on. And purple hair ROCKS!! I'm jealous. My law firm would fire me on the spot.
              How abou this? Spinach Tofu Skillet Serves 8 1 teaspoon canola oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 yellow onion, chopped or sliced 1 pound firm tofu 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon dried oregano 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper 4 cups fresh spinach leaves 3 cups Kashi Pilaf, cooked 1/2 cup water 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste) Instructions: In a large skillet, cook canola oil, garlic, onion, and tofu on medium heat until onion is soft and tofu is lightly browned, stirring frequently. Add cumin, oregano, red pepper, and stir in thoroughly. Then add spinach, cooked pilaf, water, salt, and simmer on low until the water has absorbed. Remove from heat and serve hot.
              http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
              JakeKnight

Just priceless. By the way ... I was fibbing about half my statement: I don't eat tofu. Wink
                And I had it cut today but I did take my pajama's off first..
                Of course.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Now that was a bath...

Just letting you know that I still stalk you Mr JK Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin I wouldn't want you to think that I had gotten all moral whilst you vacated our little world. Alan - that casserole sounds great! All I need to figure out is 'What the heck is Kashi Pilaf?' I will post hair pics when I am out of my pj's. I think the internet had enough of me in sleepwear yesterday!
                    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                    JakeKnight

I think the internet had enough of me in sleepwear
                      Not so much. You'd be surprised how much of you in sleepwear the Internet could take before its had enough. If you're going to stalk me over in the Swamp of Sin, why don't you join in the conversation over there? Your sense of humor is desperately needed. Bring the pajama pics.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

This would be my recipe for a tofu casserole: Ingredients: One large hunk of tofu. Marrinade of choice. Place lump of tofu in sauce of your choice on top of fridge. Find tofu several days later. Cut into tiny pieces. Place in casserole dish. Bake. Mush tofu around. Drive to Trader Joe's and purchase a yummy pre-made casserole. Remove tofu glop from oven. Filter marrinade. Dispose of remaining solid tofu pieces. Place Trader Joe's casserole in oven at 350 degrees. Serve when hot.

madness baby

Ooh, Abba, I've had that one before - Looooooooove it! Big grin
                          deb