Which car should Dave get? (Read 238 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have a 1975 Oldsmobile in the barn if you're interested. It has a 455 V8 and an 8-Track player...plenty of room for your kids stuff, your stuff, and a few bodies in the trunk...and you don't have to yield to anyone unless you want.  I'll certify that it's pre-owned for you. Let's talk.

When you put your foot down on the gas, can you hear it?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I just don't get the Subaru/Camry votes given your first criterion. Pay attention, people.

What do you not understand?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

ultramarathon/triathlete

I have a 1975 Oldsmobile in the barn if you're interested. It has a 455 V8 and an 8-Track player...plenty of room for your kids stuff, your stuff, and a few bodies in the trunk...and you don't have to yield to anyone unless you want.  I'll certify that it's pre-owned for you. Let's talk.

If it's baby blue like this one, you might just have a deal.  It has a nav system and heated seats, right?!

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

kcam

If it's baby blue like this one, you might just have a deal.  It has a nav system and heated seats, right?!

I had one pretty close to that from ~1980 to 1985, mine was a '77.  Mechanically it was great but the little things like windows, door locks weren't very good.  Also, though it was a California car it had a problem with body rust where that landau vinyl roof met the rear quarter panels.  13MPG at best.  Should be perfect for Dave and will be a complete rustbucket after a couple of NYC winters!

Joann Y

Or maybe the VW GTI, but somehow I doubt it.