What is good for an eliptical trainer? (Read 1194 times)

xor

Yeah well all I want to know is what is fast for an eliptical.  By the way my time for 3k on a bike of 6 mins 10 was a bit slower than the fastest at my gym, of 3.30 for 3k, so I know where to aim for , on a stationary upright bike, but no clue how well one should do on an eliptical to be better than average.

An elliptical is about turnover and heartrate.  Depending on what type of workout you are trying to get, that tells you a lot about what you should try to do.

It sounds like you are trying to be competitive about the elliptical.  As in, "I wanna be better than those people".

You aren't going to get many serious replies to that because in most places, elliptical is not a competitive sport.

jayskydee

Wanna bet? Check out the logs of some the folks here on RA and you can learn a hack of a lot about running and training to be a better runner. Seriously.

Yeah but a 40 stone man could type he weighed 12 stone and ran 100 km a week or something like that, we would have no way of knowing, at least my times are credible and people will see as I get faster.

"run" "2" "eat"

i am still wondering, though, about my previous query - will elliptical training help a skinny assed fat guy?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

hello?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

so.... you'll answer jayskydee and you won't answer me?

FINE.

xor

I am waiting to talk to the skinny ass fat guy.

"run" "2" "eat"

i didn't realise having talked to someone was a prereq for answering them. when have you talked to jayskydee?

So none of u have ever used one is what I take from ur stupid comments. If u dont know then shut your mouth and let someone that does know answer.

When I scratch my nose, my leg twitches... most likely that means the relative humidity (btw, relative humidity is the sweat between you and your sister) is too high, thusly requiring you to subtly increase the torsional dynamics applied to the inverse kaleidoscopic flywheel on the reuptake side of your elliptical trainer.  The easiest way to do this would be to apply 4.9% more wattage (watts = amps x volts, you also vary the voltage or amperage too, if you're handy with physics and math (unlikely)) to the moistened conductive handle of your toothbrush, inserted 7.9cm rectally.  Don't drop your toothbrush or you will have to restart the entire experiment, first washing the bristles of the toothbrush in a solution of carbon tetrachloride and the tears of young Haitian boys (34% by volume). 

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

jayskydee

An elliptical is about turnover and heartrate.  Depending on what type of workout you are trying to get, that tells you a lot about what you should try to do.

It sounds like you are trying to be competitive about the elliptical.  As in, "I wanna be better than those people".

You aren't going to get many serious replies to that because in most places, elliptical is not a competitive sport.

No matter what reistance level I found that 200 strides per minute made me likely to fall off, I dont really understand why..

"run" "2" "eat"

and, i don't understand why no one will answer my question.

xor

When I scratch my nose, my leg twitches... most likely that means the relative humidity (btw, relative humidity is the sweat between you and your sister) is too high, thusly requiring you to subtly increase the torsional dynamics applied to the inverse kaleidoscopic flywheel on the reuptake side of your elliptical trainer.  The easiest way to do this would be to apply 4.9% more wattage (watts = amps x volts, you also vary the voltage or amperage too, if you're handy with physics and math (unlikely)) to the moistened conductive handle of your toothbrush, inserted 7.9cm rectally.  Don't drop your toothbrush or you will have to restart the entire experiment, first washing the bristles of the toothbrush in a solution of carbon tetrachloride and the tears of young Haitian boys (34% by volume). 

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

LEAVE GLASSES IF DORK

an amazing likeness

Yeah but a 40 stone man could type he weighed 12 stone and ran 100 km a week or something like that, we would have no way of knowing, at least my times are credible and people will see as I get faster.

Yes, that is possible.  However how likely is it that someone would take the effort to log fake run data for day after day, week after week, month after month. This web site tends to cater to people who take their running as a meaningful part of their lifestyle, so that's pretty unlikely.

Also, for the many people who use a GPS device and upload data directly there is no faking.

Race data can pretty easily be verified, if that would make you feel better.

I can't think of a way to reassure you about weights.  I, personally, am 12.857 stone, I just checked and would be glad to post a photo of the scale next to today's newspaper for date verification if that would help prove the scale is still alive.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

Not many, Milkman, but speaking of "spending waaaay too much time creating fake shit", you should google one "Kip Litton".

"run" "2" "eat"

still waiting for an answer....

LEAVE GLASSES IF DORK

This is absolutely key for this to work like it's designed!!