Guess who _I_ met while running?! (Read 936 times)

Now that was a bath...

Cool! I would love to bump into an RA person in real life. That is such a great story! Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Prophet!

stalker!!! That's awesome! Wink

Another Passion

Any statisticians here? I wonder what the odds of that chance meeting were?! VERY cool! Neat experience ladies. And, Crabby... I would LOVE to go halibut fishing. My dad caught a 180-pounder out of Homer in I think it was 2000 or 2001 aboard the "Silver Fox". Very tasty. Big grin

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

madness baby

THat is just wild! I'm glad you were able to run together, too. Good luck with your work while you're visiting Baltimore, Crabby!
          deb
            Thats so cool! I wonder how often RA members actually do cross paths and don't even realize it
              That is so cool!! Smile

Michelle

I find it incredible that you recognized one another.
                  LOL! How neat!
                  ---- Cynthia

The voice of mile 18

cough cough stalker! cough cough! Smile that's very cool I don't even recognize family members when I'm running

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

I find it incredible that you recognized one another.
                      Seriously, I'm always in my own world when I run, I wouldn't recognize anyone!

Michelle

Thats so cool! I wonder how often RA members actually do cross paths and don't even realize it
                        We should all be required to wear RA shirts whenever we're out running! Big grin
                        va

Or a secret hand signal. Clowning around Does any one remember the Van Buren Boys Seinfeld episode?

Dog-Love

To be honest...I knew Trishie lived in Baltimore and each day I saw a young gal with brown hair I thought...Is that her? Is that her? I would be running and see a gal from behind with a brown pony tail and think...is that her? and take a look and realize it wasn't..then I would be at the Korean market and see a girl with brown hair and a baseball cap and think...is that her???? And at the time I was running and saw this gal with a marathon shirt...I thought everyone looked like Trishie so I wasn't bold enough to say anything... What's crzy is that I don't post a picture of myself and she recognized me...who is stalking whom? I'm going running today Trishie probably 6 miles probably around 6:00 pm. And I only take folks halibut fishing if I run into them spontaneously in a strange city... what are the chances?? Big grin
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                              To be honest...I knew Trishie lived in Baltimore and each day I saw a young gal with brown hair I thought...Is that her? Is that her? I would be running and see a gal from behind with a brown pony tail and think...is that her? and take a look and realize it wasn't..then I would be at the Korean market and see a girl with brown hair and a baseball cap and think...is that her???? And at the time I was running and saw this gal with a marathon shirt...I thought everyone looked like Trishie so I wasn't bold enough to say anything... What's crzy is that I don't post a picture of myself and she recognized me...who is stalking whom? I'm going running today Trishie probably 6 miles probably around 6:00 pm. And I only take folks halibut fishing if I run into them spontaneously in a strange city... what are the chances?? Big grin
                              AHEM!! The only reason I "recognized" Crabby was because: 1. She wasn't familier with the city 2. She was running from the Marine Biotech Center and 3. She mentioned on RA that she was visiting Baltimore and was doing work at the Marine Biotech Center. Also, I am a very friendly person Big grin If I started getting a very blank stare after starting to talk about RA, my plan was to turn around ! Wink
                              2009: BQ?

Dog-Love

The stats are actually very reasonable 1 ) There was a 50:50 chance of me going left from my place of work becasue I only stick to the waterfront 2) There was close to a 100% chance that I would only run at around 6:00 pm becasue I am working my tail off from morning until night. 3) Let's see...the chance that the woman in the marathon shirt was Trishie is about 1:3000...take into consideration she's a girl 1:1500 (just guessing gender ratio)...then that she was in her 20's 1:400 (maybe?) So see its's not that crazy after all. And I almost always ask directions and as Trishie says, she is a friendly person....and I still think its v]really cool to have run with an RA member Good luck in Richmond T...and without killing yourself, I bet you can make it in the 3:50s
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)