Anyone Else Get Caught with Bad Shoes (Read 1031 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thankfully it wasn't a major injury, just some soreness so I haven't run since Saturday. (And I so miss it even though I haven't been running again all that long.) I went yesterday to try to buy new shoes, but the store was woefully low on size 7 shoes. I tried what they had in my size. Yeah, that's such an uncommon ladies size. Roll eyes I'm hoping I can get out Wednesday night and actually buy new ones! I hope I have more luck. Anyone else get caught with worn out shoes? Any injuries? Tongue

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

The ones that I'm wearing right now are pretty well shot - I"ve put in a request for Mother's Day - so I expect I'll just milk these ones a few more miles. I'm more willing to go slow on so-so shoes than I am willing to stop altogether. I guess it's better that trying to find enough grass to run through barefoot. Big grin
        Worn Shoes = Back Problems for Me.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I save my oldies for walking, etc. I recently used a old pair for a rainy weekend, and they just felt awul. Thank god I did not get hurt.

- Anya

Yeah, I've been waiting for Mother's day too for new shoes. DH is meeting me after work tonight!! I have really needed some shoes for the past month, but kept putting it off. This mornings run though told me I really need shoes. Pain in hamstring and foot. 1 more hour until new shoes. Big grin
            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yeah, I've been waiting for Mother's day too for new shoes. DH is meeting me after work tonight!! I have really needed some shoes for the past month, but kept putting it off. This mornings run though told me I really need shoes. Pain in hamstring and foot. 1 more hour until new shoes. Big grin
              I'm so jealous. My DH is getting me shoes for MD too. I haven't had a chance to get to Running Room yet. I stupidly tried to go to a different place yesterday and when the so-not-knowledgeable salegirl brought me heavy crosstrainers, I was done there. I hope you find the perfect pair. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Future running partner.

Usually when my shoes get low the where down on the outside heel pretty bad. Typically my hips start hurt all the time. One way to sort of delay the onset of injury while wearing worn shoes is to run on grass and natural surface trails. Expect that your pace maybe slower because you will be trying to avoid twisting your ankle. You also may find that you like this sort of training because have to watch your footing takes away from your thought of how far you have to go. Also, in order to maintain balance you are using some muscles that may not be used much during road running. This can help eleviate muscle inbalances.
                Mr R

I usually have about 4-6 pairs of shoes in rotation. Since they're all at various points in their life cycle, I'm usually not in too much danger of running out. An advantage of this is that you're not putting in a bunch of miles on a nearly dead shoe, right at the end. I generally also have a small stockpile of unused shoes in the boxes. If I find a shoe that I like, at a good price, I'll pick up several pair. I'm pretty picky about my shoes, so I've gotta grab them when I see them. Right now I'm running in Adizero RCs, Nike Hayward 3s, NB 826s, NB 950s, NB 252s, NB 205s, Nike Streak XCs, and Asics Hyperspeed 2s. I don't think I've ever had so many in rotation at once, but most of them are within 50 miles of retirement at the moment.

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker