being prompted to log in even though I've recently used the site (Read 836 times)

eric :)

I haven't changed any of the settings re: cookies in Firefox.  The cookie persists properly across browser sessions.

My question is, should I get a new cookie each time I visit the site?  Or am I supposed to have to log in once every 30 days (on each computer)?  Because the 'once every 30 days' gets annoying when I use multiple computers, as it averages out to logging in more like once a week, despite the fact that I'm on the site all the time.

Thanks for the clarification, Eric.

Josh,

Are you having problems with an individual computer not storing and sending the cookie properly, or a group of computers that you rotate on a monthly basis and thus sending an expired cookie?

I like cookies.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Just a dude.

Just a note... I use 3 computers, an Ipad, and an Iphone to log into RA.

I have to re log in almost monthly on all devices.

I could see one or two of those devices getting skipped for a couple weeks.  But not all of them.

I thought that was a "feature" to make sure it was still really me that was logging in each time. 

I use XP and Chrome most.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

sluggo

John

I don't see why there is so much hubbub about this. Just save your password in your browser preferences and it is only a few clicks to log in. I don't even know what my password is anymore.

(But I do keep a copy of my password in a local encrypted file and it is also encrypted in my browser. I can get it from either location. Plus, I regularly back my system up too.)

John
          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Heck, I log into about a dozen places daily.  Type one of the various passwords every time.  Just a part of life in the 21st century.

Just a dude.

I'm not complaining... Just saying that my results are similar to the OP... If I have to log in every few weeks, no biggie... kind of a pain on the mobile devices, but not that bad...

If Eric wants to look at it, then there is more info... If he doesn't... no biggie...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

eric :)

I looked into the problem and it looks like the cookie isn't being updated.  It'll be fixed in the next update.

Imminent Catastrophe

That happens to me every few weeks.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

keeponrunning

Heck, I log into about a dozen places daily.  Type one of the various passwords every time.  Just a part of life in the 21st century.

+1

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022