Running Belts (Read 336 times)

tmurr

I recently stumbled across this belt on a running blog that I follow. Its called the Hipzipp: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hipzipp/hipzipp-belt-enjoy-a-hands-free-lifestyle

Got me thinking, are running belts worth it? or more trouble then its worth?

Anyone use running belts? If so, which one would you recommend?

For the stuff they advertise that this carries, I just put them in my pockets. So, no, this belt wouldn't be useful for me. It may be useful for some.

However, my main purpose in using a belt is to carry water, and that belt doesn't seem to handle that. Why would you carry a gel without water? (aside from the fact I rarely use gels)

I've used a UD Strider for years. Rests on hips, carries water in back, pouch in front that carries food, handheld gps (used when mapping), light shell, etc. (maybe not all at once, but on separate runs). Weight balances. They were $10 when I got them (bought a couple).

If I need more stuff, I use a vest, and for still more, I use a pack.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
      deckard86

Hi,actually I agree with AKTrail, phone and card can go in a pocket...what about water? or a towel, for example.

Looking for a running belt on the in the internet  I found something about a forthcoming one, with magnets. It's called Runtimate, the website is in Italian, but the video is in english and I watched it here  https://vimeo.com/110356136. I think the belt is part of something "bigger", also.

I am still looking for the right belt, anyway, do you have any suggestion?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

ynot

I use similar belt bought on Amazon. I think it's called FIT belt. I like it a lot. I have a bigger phone (nexus 6) with a case and it fits nice in my belt. It sits there very tight and doesn't bounce. The belt is very comfortable and has lot's of space for small things you might want to carry with you

#artbydmcbride

Flipbelt is cool too

https://flipbelt.com/

Runners run

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, a bigger belt is better.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

deckard86

Thank you all for useful tips...and for funny too! I'll let you know about my final choice!

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

Flipbelt is cool too

https://flipbelt.com/

That one looks pretty nice. I generally just throw things in my generic hydration pak.

I've thought about wearing a cycling jersey and using those pockets - but I already look pretty goofy when I run.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I've thought about wearing a cycling jersey and using those pockets - but I already look pretty goofy when I run.

I did that, . . . but had to sew in little velcrow closure patches to keep the gels from flying out, . . . and I'm not even fast.  Smile

At least it's in back so you don't have to see the people who think it's funning looking looking at you, . . . or maybe your existing goofiness is enough.

ps - some people think it's funny to wear short pants with pockets but I don't think the would have the same opinion for trail races.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

deckard86

Hi everyone, I bought a flipbelt in the end, but I saw that the magnetic belt; Runtimate, that discovered by surfing the web few months ago is now on Kickstater...worth checking it out!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yeah, I wore a cycling jersey for one (running) race, not for the pockets, but to show off the event (RAGBRAI) I had just done. It elicited some conversation, as I had hoped. And this is off topic, I know, so sue me.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I prefer suspenders

Liz

pace sera, sera

#artbydmcbride

I prefer suspenders a garter belt

Runners run

kilkee

runktrun

I saw a guy wearing a nice looking fuel/running belt on a few laps around the 200m indoor track.  I didn't get a chance to ask him what brand.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.