Strength to compliment running (Read 1850 times)

Bugs

I have had the most success with aerobics DVDs that use weights. Pick a quality program like the Firm, and it will take you through stretching, balance, strength, a little cardioi, ab workout and a cool down. For me it works well because it is a good workout but not so hard that my legs are tired for running.

Bugs

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

I have had the most success with aerobics DVDs that use weights. Pick a quality program like the Firm, and it will take you through stretching, balance, strength, a little cardioi, ab workout and a cool down. For me it works well because it is a good workout but not so hard that my legs are tired for running.
      Bugs, I completely agree. I find doing a video is easier for me to commit to (once you start it, it's hard to say "I can stop at 2 sets"), but it is more a personal what works from you. I am far from the running expert, but try to balance strengthening your legs with a mix of core and arm exercises. To me, it is a bit unbalanced to focus only on one group and the musician in me thinks that any lack of balance could lead to danger. I could be wrong. Very likely I am, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents. Chris

Chris
      PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k