Best sunscreen for heavy sweaters? (Read 1370 times)

Slice

Anyone want to recommend their favorite sunscreen or give a heads up if you hate yours? I currently use a Coppertone Sport spray one and it seems to just work okay. I already learned that the Walgreens brand is worse. I'm already getting a Garmin tan line and it ain't pretty. And it leaves my skin sticky feeling. I'm not always able to shower right away so I end up feeling all gross until I'm able to shower.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

northernman

Fight The Future

I really like Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock - SPF 100, 

doesn't seem to block the pores, but I haven't tanned or burned in  a long time

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Unfortunately Coppertone seems to be about the best. Are you reapplying enough?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

I have to say this.  Forgive me.  If you are wearing a heavy sweater do you really need sunscreen?  

Seriously, I would be interested in knowing  what is a good sunscreen that isn't greasy.  I would rather wear a sweater than thick greasy sunscreen.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Kunland, you live in Tennessee and it has been hot.  What do you need a heavy sweater for?

Dang.  Wannabe beat me.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I should add that the Coppertone Sport spray IS sticky...and the more you reapply, the more layers of that gluey gunk you'll be scrubbing off in the shower.  I find the lotion to be much less yucky-feeling.

~ Sarah Kay

I look my best blurry!

Kunland, you live in Tennessee and it has been hot.  What do you need a heavy sweater for?

Dang.  Wannabe beat me.

You must have taken too much time toasting your Pop Tarts.  

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No, I was out sweating in the TN humidity.

I look my best blurry!

I need to get my behind out the door and get to Costco for a case of Pop Tarts and some Coppertone lotion before this happens.

mta- and some razors too!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I used this one on my face and neck during my last race and liked it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I have to say this.  Forgive me.  If you are wearing a heavy sweater do you really need sunscreen?  

+1

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
                        Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

Imminent Catastrophe

Ladies don't sweat, they glow.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

#artbydmcbride

I like the Neutrogena ultra sheer.  But any kind you use, I would recommend not putting any on your forehead, just wear a visor instead.   That will keep it from getting in your eyes.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like the Neutrogena ultra sheer.  But any kind you use, I would recommend not putting any on your forehead, just wear a visor instead.   That will keep it from getting in your eyes.

+1 meeellion.  This is why I love things like Buffs, Headsweats, or wicking ball caps.  Only have to get sunblock in your eyes once to never ever do that again.

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Has anyone tried the Trader Joe's spray-on?  We bought a can, and haven't seen the sun since.  Must be good stuff.