New Garmin Forerunner 310XT (Read 570 times)

Anyone know how to set up the Garmin Forerunner 310XT for logging my runs on Running Ahead.

Cheers

eric :)

Emmettmy my friend!  If you have the Ant Agent and the Garmin Communicator installed, then it should just work.  If you're using IE, make sure you allow the communicator plugin to run.  If you need additional help, just drop me an email.  Good job on organizing the race, by the way!  Peggy called afterward to ask me to be there next year.

Eric,

Thanks, I figured it out.  We missed you on Wednesday.  Hope all is well.Cool

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Warning - in my experience, the 310xt is buggy. It can spontaneously lose the pairing and enter some error state, where the only recovery may be to do a "non-volatile" reset, which wipes all your data.

Here is a thread on garmin about this problem:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?21899-310xt-ANT-agent-doesn-t-transfer-data-automatically/page3

I don't know where the bug is, but it appears to manifest even with ANT agent 2.3.4 (the latest).

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

Warning - in my experience, the 310xt is buggy. It can spontaneously lose the pairing and enter some error state, where the only recovery may be to do a "non-volatile" reset, which wipes all your data.

Now you tell me. My new 310xt is still in its box, waiting for its inaugural run at the beginning if December.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

zonykel

I haven't had that problem. The only issue I had was when my wife dropped the watch about 4 ft. The screen didn't crack, but the next time I ran, the 310XT was stuck on the start up screen and wouldn't even get to acquiring satellites or display anything else. I thought the watch was broken for sure. Then a few days later I tried it again and it worked just fine.

I have a Garmin Forerunner 10, that's not too difficult to set up.  If the Forerunner 310XT is giving you problems though, watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bki-2VIaMgk

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have a Garmin Forerunner 10, that's not too difficult to set up.  If the Forerunner 310XT is giving you problems though, watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bki-2VIaMgk

Why? How does that video affect the bugginess?

My 310xt is working just fine. I had some difficulty uploading some time ago and I think it was an Ant Agent update that didn't work so well. I went back a version and all was good again.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My 310xt is working just fine. I had some difficulty uploading some time ago and I think it was an Ant Agent update that didn't work so well. I went back a version and all was good again.

I might try this the next time. The tech support reps are bad - they just quote off a pre-canned script of steps that don't help (which is, unfortunately, what RedBird's post above reminded me of - although, I'm trying to keep an open mind that maybe he has useful info to add that will help me). They always say to update to the latest Ant Agent -- but I've had the latest one through every (of the many) occurrences of this bug.

It certainly sounds like it works fine for some people, and has this bug for others.

I might try this the next time. The tech support reps are bad - they just quote off a pre-canned script of steps that don't help (which is, unfortunately, what RedBird's post above reminded me of - although, I'm trying to keep an open mind that maybe he has useful info to add that will help me). They always say to update to the latest Ant Agent -- but I've had the latest one through every (of the many) occurrences of this bug.

It certainly sounds like it works fine for some people, and has this bug for others.

What version of firmware are you running on your watch? I think I'm still using 3.7. I NEVER update my watch when a newer version is out because I don't appreciate being their beta tester without volunteering first. I always wait and see what's being written about it on Garmin Forums first.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Here is a thread on garmin about this problem:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?21899-310xt-ANT-agent-doesn-t-transfer-data-automatically/page3

I don't know where the bug is, but it appears to manifest even with ANT agent 2.3.4 (the latest).

I just went through this.  New computer (built from scratch), installed stuff, everything worked just fine.  Then, for no apparent reason and with nothing changed in the system, it stopped.  Updated Communicator, updated Ant Agent, checked firmware (already up-to-date).  Nothing.  Then I restarted the system for other reasons ... and the Microsoft Solution worked!  Annoying, though.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau