10k training with Running Wizard--some questions (Read 214 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Joe:

Thanks for your concern! ;o)  But actually VO2Max is DESIGNED to do just that.  ANY experienced runner, like yourself who can run a sub-3 marathon should NOT even attempt our VO2Max Interview.  I thought there was a disclaimer comment somewhere and, if not, we do need to add it.  Our VO2Max Interview is provided for THOSE WHO HAD NEVER RUN A RACE AND HAD NO IDEA WHERE THEY ARE to get the ball-park figure of where they start IN RUNNING.  Here we are talking about some one who can't even run 15-minutes non-stop.  If you can run for a half an hour without any problem, at least I personally always encourage them to just get out to a local high school track and run 4 laps and get a mile time and use it.  VO2Max Interview is for those who can't even do that--or those whom I would not suggest to do that.....

There is.

"If you have never ran a race, take the VO2Max interview to estimate your VO2Max."

It's right there on the first page you see after you click "Race Time Predictor" on the home page.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul