Embedding objects? (Read 237 times)

Mr MattM

Hey Eric of The Endless Smile (or anyone else who might know)...

I notice that I can embed a video in the HTML editor and it previews correctly, but when I submit it posts the html tags as text.  Is embedding video (or other objects) disabled intentionally?

Sorry if this answer is already out there... I just don't know where to look.

Thanks!

be curious; not judgmental

sdfgewiuohsdf

No reason provided
      LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Pretty sure it's intentional.  Personally, I think animated gifs are annoying enough, but that's just me.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Pretty sure it's intentional.  Personally, I think animated gifs are annoying enough, but that's just me.

+1

steph  

eric :)

The HTML editor has a mind of its own (I haven't had a chance to customize it completely).  The forum rendering is more strict and filters out any HTML tags that I disallow, including embedded objects and JavaScripts.  Malicious users use these tags to exploit browser security holes and I don't want RA to contribute to the problem.

It also has the benefit of de-cluttering the forum pages.  You can only link to the page with the video so readers can decide if they want to see it.

eric Smile

Mr MattM

That's what I expected... I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

be curious; not judgmental