Definition of a Wuss (Read 1071 times)

Kimmie

OK, tomorrow I'm supposed to run 14 miles with my running group. Here's the weather forecast : 93% chance of rain, windy, cold- temps in the 40s I do not want to do it, but surprisingly enough, others are planning on running tomorrow. i'm trying to convince them to run on Sunday because I like running with others, but they're gong to go with the group. So the real question is: am I a wimp/wuss? or Am I the only smart one? Smile Thanks for sharing..... oh and BTW, I already know that I probably need to HTFU I have run 22 miles in a massive downpour.... it was in the 80s then.... and at the time I thought it wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done.
      Perhaps a bowl of crybaby soup will warm you up? Wink That's some daunting weather, so it's really up to you.
      jeffdonahue

Ummm... I would love for it to hold in the 40s and consider that actually pretty warm for this time of year. But as said previously, it is up to you - maybe you can convince even one other person to run on Sunday with you so you arent alone.
          I would do it just to say I did it. This coming from the guy who will run in white outs just to say "I ran in the white out."
          Scout7

Seriously? HTFU. You're not gonna die from weather like that.

Big Chicken!

Well...I hate the cold. Below 70 degrees is cold to me. Wind? I did 30+ mph all this week. I HATE wind. Rain? If it's warm out, sure. But at 40 degrees? Nope. I call myself a wuss, so there you go. But I am a proud wuss! Big grin
              Kris C Running away from the couch one mile at a time!
              C-R

Don't let your running group down. They need you for motivation and the keep them on track as well. Plus you get to post how you HTFU and that will feel pretty da#&^# good too.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

My legs are killing me

Go for it! I think the runs I am most proud of are the ones run in crappy conditions or the times when physically I'm not my best but gut my way through it. Anyone can run when the weather is perfect and your feeling great!. It will be a great bonding experience with the group.
                  JakeKnight

Actually, depending on how hard it rains and how much wind you've got, it could be really nice running weather. 45 with a gentle drizzle is just about perfect for me. That's PR weather. On the other hand, if its raining like the Vietnam scenes in Forrest Gump, maybe you're the smart one.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wind sucks in all temps...but if the rain isn't coming down too hard that sounds like great running weather to me. I'd trade for that in a heartbeat compared to the crap we've had around here for the last couple of months...above freezing is always nice. Big grin You can always cut your run short if it proves too uncomfortable, but I wouldn't ditch the run altogether. Before you know it you'll have high temps and humidity that will make running longer distances daunting.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I'm still torn between the cooler avatar. CarmelRunner, or sully. One if funny, one is LTC Kilgore.
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ears and hands. If those are warm/protected from the wind, you'll be fine. MTA: This is not meant to imply that she should run naked with gloves and earmuffs on. I know you're thinking it, JakeKnight.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

MTA: This is not meant to imply that she should run naked with gloves and earmuffs on.
                            Look who's talking.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Look who's talking.
                              Good point, but you are the "shoes, sock" dude.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Duncan

sorry, i'm with the majority on this one, get out there and post back to let us know how it was! Big grin