Drink a lot of water? (Read 735 times)

Why is it sideways?

Something to think about.
    btb1490

I read recently that a few cities were banning the sale of bottled water because of this.
        That's one of many great articles I have seen on the subject, I'm surprised it's taken this long to address it. For convenience, I used to buy bottles for my son to drink during his soccer matches. I eliminated this in short order, refilling Gatorade bottles instead. I have a collection of about ten Gatorade/Vitamin Water bottles that have been in and out of the dishwasher for a couple of years now, and they are none the worse for wear and tear. They're actually more convenient for me than Nalgene bottles, they fit in the dishwasher more easily and the durability is amazing. My sister is a Poland Springs addict, and I've pretty much given up on my sermons to her in spite of the fact that Boston area drinking water is great. What has really surprised me is my 80-something mother's addiction to the stuff. For sixty plus years tap water was fine for her, but now it doesn't taste good? Yuppification knows no bounds. Angry

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Water imported from France or Fiji or even across the country takes MORE petroleum to transport than the bottle contains water. Just as your organic asparagus from Brazil in January takes about 10 times as many petroleum calories to get to your supermarket as the asparagus contains. Yep. Eat local and drink local. In reusable containers. Just sayin.
          mikeymike

MWRA water rocks.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I LOVE our well water...I hate how high in calcium it is (we have to buy distilled for the coffee maker and we get white crust around all the faucets), but it tastes amazing. I first tasted Evian while in LA last Summer...NOW I know why people go gaga for Evian--it tastes EXACTLY like what comes out of our tap. I wish we could bottle the stuff and sell it for a premium price! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another thing with bottled water- when the water goes into the bottle, it's no longer considered water, but a food source, regulated by the FDA vs. the EPA, which allows a lot more contaminates to remain in the water.

Basically... run!

r...NOW I know why people go gaga for Evian--it tastes EXACTLY like what comes out of our tap. I wish we could bottle the stuff and sell it for a premium price!
                  You could! Just "process" it a little, and it'd be no different than most bottled water out there.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Basically... run!

Hahaha. Penn & Teller crack me up.