Why I :heart: the Internet (Read 685 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just found this. DS got a child-scale acoustic 6-string for Christmas and I figured we were going to have to buy a little tuner pipe thingy. Not with the internet, we don't! He's interested in maybe taking lessons after school, too. This is the kid who is obsessed with cars/trains/Transformers. But I think he also inherited my brother's gift for music. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*snort*

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice. Be sure the didlet learns the trick with the 5th-fret (4th-fret on the B-string). Getting the guitar in tune with itself is the most important thing. I hate out-of-tune guitars. If there are other instruments involved, then you can worry about matching the low E with the tuner / a piano, etc. Speaking of out-of-tune, check this out. It's Van Halen doing "Jump" on tour. The pre-recorded keyboard was played back at the wrong pitch. Aural horror ensued. A "Spinal Tap" line about "trying to tune a bobcat" comes to mind.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I just found this. DS got a child-scale acoustic 6-string for Christmas and I figured we were going to have to buy a little tuner pipe thingy. Not with the internet, we don't! He's interested in maybe taking lessons after school, too. This is the kid who is obsessed with cars/trains/Transformers. But I think he also inherited my brother's gift for music. Smile k
          Heyyy! Thanks for posting that. Maybe I'll drag my guitar out and try to tune the thing. I only got it when I was 16...think I should try to learn yet? Blush Did your brother get it for him?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of out-of-tune, check this out. It's Van Halen doing "Jump" on tour. The pre-recorded keyboard was played back at the wrong pitch. Aural horror ensued. A "Spinal Tap" line about "trying to tune a bobcat" comes to mind.
            OMG...that was making my teeth hurt! Shocked Joni, the guitar was Dane's "back-up" gift after he found the slot-car set. Now we don't have to buy his birthday gift (in early Feb.), since we'll just give him the car set then. Evil grin My brother did have fun helping tune Dane's guitar (before Dane decided that he could tune it himself Dead ). Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is the guitar we purchased. So far seems well worth $40. k

~ Sarah Kay

There are tons of free guitar lessons on youtube, from very basic to guitar solos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqFC-udzgOs
                I love to eat, therefore I must run!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There are tons of free guitar lessons on youtube, from very basic to guitar solos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqFC-udzgOs
                  Excellent! I just had DS sit and watch a couple, though I think he'll probably do better with a live person to help keep him on task. 7 year old boys can be pretty goofy. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

and if you buy an Imac, the GarageBand software has a tuner too Big grin
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

and if you buy an Imac, the GarageBand software has a tuner too Big grin
                      We actually have Garage Band on this 'puter, I think...never had reason to use it, but maybe we'll have to start playing with it, now. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

yeah Garage Band is awesome. I just use the regular mic lay down a guitar track ... it worked ok. At some point in time i'll invest on actual USB guitar mic and buy one of those USB keyboard thing to make some funky grooves...look out DJ Shadow!