Personal Trainers (Read 1250 times)

Thanks John. how about I trade someone tons of useful exercise advice for some computer lessons? Smile
    Kimmie, in order to create a hyperlink (a different way - that might be easier), when you are making an entry or are in edit mode, just click on the little box (5th box from the left after the word Formating - the box that looks like a globe with a chain below it) and your website will magically appear as a hyperlink.... www.trainedbykim.com Give it a shot....it ought to work...and it might be easier..... Smile Big grin Wink Tongue

Champions are made when no one is watching

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

I just stumbled into this group and thought I'd say Hi.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
      My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
      Ride 112 miles.
      Run 26.2 miles.
      Then brag for the rest of your life.
      -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Kimmie

Hey Kevin, I thought about you and was going to email you directly to tell you that I wanted to start a user group here for trainers. Do you know of anyone else? I'll probably just set it up today and maybe post something in the general forum to point people over there. I was just looking for a place to talk all things training. How is your job going? Do you run with your clients? right now, I have one of my clients who just completed her first 5K. She did almost all of her running on the treadmill so when it came time to do the race, it was hard for her. She wants to run another one in couple of weeks and wants to use her sessions with me, running outside. The only problem is, I've noticed that when I run with her outside, my legs feel a little tweaky the next day. I mentioned this to someone in my running group and they said it's common to change your stride when you run slower than normal. I want to continue to encourage her with running, but it is tough to run what pace she needs. ( 12-13 min.) I hope that doesn't sound conceited. It's not like I'm fast or anything. What do you guys think? srlopez? John, are you a trainer too? I'll form the group later today. Any creative names?
        ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Kimmie, I am now "in between" in my assignments. I'll probably just end up subbing here and there for the other regular trainers until I get my own group in the spring. In group training, i end up running all sorts of different paces as I move around and motivate so the run days end up being fartlek days for me which is kinda good. When I'm training my other athlete (family and friends) I run at their pace and it doesn't really seem to affect my gait much. I try to concentrate on keeping the same cadence but at a slower speed if that makes any sense. I log these runs as 'easy' runs. The challenge for me is to keep up with my own training at the same time so I'd be interested in any tips for that!

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
          My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
          Ride 112 miles.
          Run 26.2 miles.
          Then brag for the rest of your life.
          -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

John, are you a trainer too?
            No or not officially. I have helped so many people start running that I probably could be classified as an amateur trainer, but my my profession is technoGEEK.... I have no training credentials.... HOWEVER, that being said, I am trying to start a 'learn to run' group in my Running Club and the Local YMCA with me and our Head Coach as the instructors....so perhaps there is hope for me somewhere down the line - if I can get it going....teach people to start from scratch and run a 5K....Ive done it a lot of times but never formally or officially.... Smile Big grin Wink Tongue

Champions are made when no one is watching

Kimmie

that is so cool, John. Let me know if you have any questions....
              Kimmie

ok, so I created a group under Social Groups called Personal Trainers. Feel free to post there and point others there as well. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/cpt/
                xor

ok, so I created a group under Social Groups called Personal Trainers. Feel free to post there and point others there as well. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/cpt/
                  Hi there. Your link is hosey... looks like you had a couple extra blank lines (probably in what you highlighted) when you turned it into a link. Let's see if this one works: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/cpt

Kimmie

thanks srlopez. I don't want a hosey link. I need help- serious help. Smile