References (Read 956 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What ya' got? Obscure references from pop culture. Or, more precisely, let's see what references you can come up with and see who can figure them out. No fair using google. Or wikipedia. Or anything on the web. This is about what YOU know. Feel free to answer with a corresponding reference. So for example, yesterday I said to JK, "busy busy busy" and he totally didn't get it. Heck, I even gave him Bokonon. Nothin'. Of course, the answer was Cat's Cradle, Ice 9 and Vonnegut, but the dude had to use google. Or, I could say that it was great watching what happened when LUH 3417 messed with THX 1138's meds and you could tell me that you remember when there was a subsequent "prisoner transfer from cellblock 1138" several years later (or, perhaps, a long long time ago). So. What ya' got?
    JakeKnight

So for example, yesterday I said to JK, "busy busy busy" and he totally didn't get it. Heck, I even gave him Bokonon. Nothin'. Of course, the answer was Cat's Cradle, Ice 9 and Vonnegut, but the dude had to use google.
      That's just cold, man.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That's just cold, man.
        I don't know that one. Does it have to do with Superman? MTA: JK, does this make you feel better - what does Kroger have to do with the Babel fish?
        JakeKnight

I don't know that one. Does it have to do with Superman? MTA: JK, does this make you feel better - what does Kroger have to do with the Babel fish?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Correct. Other possible responses would have included: - GETM - What do you get when you multiply six times nine?
              Look, boss, I only got one rule. And that's never bet money that you don't have on a dog race with an ex-girlfriend who happens to be a stripper.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm tired.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

"If I control myself, I control my destiny."
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

No matter where you go there you are.

Imminent Catastrophe

No matter where you go there you are.
                        M*A*S*H ?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Imminent Catastrophe

You're going to have to answer to the Coca-Cola Company!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

obiebyke

bring out yer dead!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)