Urine-switching scandal rocks track world (Read 991 times)

JakeKnight

Positively urinesque.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Get back up!

I think the only "clean" sport anymore is 4 yr old T-Ball on sunday mornings.. Undecided They're not doping yet, are they?
        Live your heart and never follow.

Think Whirled Peas

I think the only "clean" sport anymore is 4 yr old T-Ball on sunday mornings.. Undecided They're not doping yet, are they?
          Not sure. Ever had Fruity Pebbles? That stuff is more addicting than crack.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

That is so depressing. I hope they are wrong about Tomasheva.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

So how does one "switch urin"? When I had to take a drug test before a job I had to strip down to a paper gown before going into the bathroom. Another time they patted me down and made me empty my pockets. Where would you hide the non-doped pee? there is some serious eeww factor here.
              Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
              Go Daddy

Not sure. Ever had Fruity Pebbles? That stuff is more addicting than crack.
                I'm sending my daughters to a 10-Step for Apple Jacks.

Fool

Performance enhancing drugs will be the urination of us all.
                  xor

So how does one "switch urin"? When I had to take a drug test before a job I had to strip down to a paper gown before going into the bathroom. Another time they patted me down and made me empty my pockets. Where would you hide the non-doped pee? there is some serious eeww factor here.
                    Welcome to the world of the whizzinator. Google it. Or, just start here.

RunAsics

The Limping Jogger

Watch the movie Gattaca...

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

Best Present Ever

So how does one "switch urine"? When I had to take a drug test before a job I had to strip down to a paper gown before going into the bathroom. Another time they patted me down and made me empty my pockets. Where would you hide the non-doped pee? there is some serious eeww factor here.
                        my understanding from reading is that there was probably some kind of institutional support for this to happen on such a large scale (I think i got that from the science of sport blog). But people go so far as to pee and then use a catheter to insert someone else's urine into their own bladder to beat the system. I'm not sure how that works logistically when the testers show up. They must have some kind of advance notice.

King of Sparta

Welcome to the world of the whizzinator. Google it. Or, just start here.
                          I can see why some people would want to buy one of these, but would anyone really want to buy the t-shirt that goes with it? As for urine switching, it's been going on in cycling for as long as anyone cares to remember: http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/may99/may20.shtml.
                          2008 Goals:
                          - Sub 1:00 10 mile
                          - Sub 3:00 marathon