The Last Time I Ran Outdoors Was... (Wimpiest Runner Contest) (Read 245 times)

Rusk Runner

Yesterday for 10 miles.  Clean roads to turned to 2" of snow by the time I was done.  It was a blast.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

jfa

4 times this month. A 10 miler on the mostly snow free boardwalk last Sunday was the last .

Ojo

Wow!  You all need to suck it up! 

No treadmill for me so everyday is an outside adventure! 

Sara

MM #2929

3 days ago right before the last monster storm. My outdoor activities have been limited to shoveling ever since. Today's forecast, more snow!

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

delicate flower

9 of my runs have been outside this year.  Last one was four days ago.  I did 15 on the treadmill today.  I've been trying to log outdoor runs when I can, but this winter has been brutal.  I don't trust the drivers and the roads around here in the middle of summer.  No way I trust them when there are no shoulders due to snow and ice.  I miss my rail trail (currently under two feet of snow).

<3

Julia1971

9 of my runs have been outside this year.  Last one was four days ago.  I did 15 on the treadmill today.  I've been trying to log outdoor runs when I can, but this winter has been brutal.  I don't trust the drivers and the roads around here in the middle of summer.  No way I trust them when there are no shoulders due to snow and ice.  I miss my rail trail (currently under two feet of snow).

My county has plowed/iced the rail trail after both of our big snowstorms.  There were still some icy patches but I'm so happy that they did it at all.

Julia1971

January 1st.

I haven't run a single step outdoors since January 1st. Let's see who can top that? I've run about 182 miles on the indoor 200 meter track since January 2nd, which is over 1,400 laps. Because I don't like to run outdoors in winter and get cold. It's finally above freezing here, so I may venture outdoors this weekend, if the warm-up holds. 

That's pretty impressive.

I've run all but a handful of runs outside this winter.  I've been a weather wimp for most of my running years but have gradually built up my tolerance for the cold.  Last week, I ran outside on a 20 degree day which was a record for me.  Smile  (With windchill, it was 11 degrees and I ran 12 miles.  That's the closest I think I'll get to that "more miles than degrees" club).

Maggie & Molly

every Sat for my long run so today.    Temp were not as low as they were last week but somehow it felt way colder.  Ice everywhere too.  When is winter over?  This is very different than last winter.  I pretty much stayed on the treadmill all winter.  Tyring to embrace my surroundings. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                  Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

memememe76

December 28, 2014. I was in California on holiday and I entered a half marathon. I did two races that week. Besides the races, I ran outside three times--two of them the weather was nice. The other time it was miserable and cold, but it was Xmas Day and all the gyms were closed. I hated every second of it.

I live in Canada and I am a complete wimp. The last time I ran outside at home was early November. The treadmill is my friend.

Latent Runner

My county has plowed/iced the rail trail after both of our big snowstorms.  There were still some icy patches but I'm so happy that they did it at all.

Same up here in New Hampshire, I've logged 451.5 miles so far this year (with today still to go), all of it outside, and well over half on our local rail trails cum snowmobile trails. Smile

Fat old man PRs:

• 1-mile (point to point, gravity assist): 5:50
                      • 2-mile: 13:49
                      • 5K (gravity assist last mile): 21:31
                      • 5-Mile: 37:24
                      • 10K (first 10K of my Half Marathon): 48:16
                      • 10-Mile (first 10 miles of my Half Marathon): 1:17:40
                      • Half Marathon: 1:42:13

As of today, I haven't run outdoors probably since back in late October. I win.