Other running sites (Read 2459 times)

"The dream police, they live inside of my head....the dream police, they come to pee in my bed."

Chicago........."Saturday, I pee in the park..........I think it was the Fourth of July"   As a kid I thought it was cool that you could just pee in the park and think it was so casual and no big thing.

My friend in high school, for years, thought AC/DC sang............"Dirty deeds and the jungle chief"...........go figure.  Nonsensical, but awesome none the less..... 

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

xor

Shou-ting all night, yeah... Rock the Casbah, rock the Casbah.

And my personal all-time favorite:

Come and dig my herb.

Hey, nice marmot!

Oh, lyrics!  I was just thinking of this one the other day.  Not so much for "misheard" but more "wtf?".

From Skee-lo's 'I wish'

I wish I was a little bit taller  (Sure, that'd be nice, I guess)

I wish I was a baller  (I'm with you Skee, being a baller would be great)

I wish I had a girl who looked good  (Oh yeah)

I would call her  (Naturally.  Skee, it appears you and I are on similar wavelengths indeed)

I wish I had a rabbit and a bat in a hat  (WTF?  You lost me there Skee.)

And a '64 (pronounced six-four) Impala  (Ok, I'm back.  Impala's are ok, I guess.  I'm still working on the rabbit-bat-hat desire from above though.)

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

And my personal all-time favorite:

Come and dig my herb.

Is that not what it actually is?!

(Oh, and I also for the longest time thought AC/DC were saying "Dirty deeds and the Thunder Chief".)

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

xor

Is that not what it actually is?!

(Oh, and I also for the longest time thought AC/DC were saying "Dirty deeds and the Thunder Chief".)

Nope.  "Come and dig my herb" is the most famous of all misheard lyrics (other than, perhaps, 'bathroom on the right', and 'scuse me while I kiss this guy').

Misheard so often that cover bands often sing it this way too.  I know I did with my band.  And it makes perfect sense in the song.  But that's not what it is.

Businessman, drink my wine... plough man dig my earth.

(or "plow man")

Swear to God.

What's harder to believe is that the lyric is MORE understandable in the original Dylan song.  And I never thought I'd say that about Bob Dylan's singing.

Nope.  "Come and dig my herb" is the most famous of all misheard lyrics (other than, perhaps, 'bathroom on the right', and 'scuse me while I kiss this guy').

Misheard so often that cover bands often sing it this way too.  I know I did with my band.  And it makes perfect sense in the song.  But that's not what it is.

Businessman, drink my wine... plough man dig my earth.

(or "plow man")

Swear to God.

What's harder to believe is that the lyric is MORE understandable in the original Dylan song.  And I never thought I'd say that about Bob Dylan's singing.

You, sir, just blew my mind.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

xor

I was turned on to this by a friend in the pre-internet lyric site days.  Went round and round on this one.  Yup.

Having said that, the lyric sites are absolutely wrong sometimes... and you can tell that they copy information from each other, because things that are wrong on one are generally wrong on all.

David Lee Roth is another person who sings nonsense lyrics with rocks in his mouth.  I thought for years that the lyric from Panama was "You lose her in the john".  But that whole song is one big WTF.  I found a bluegrass version recently... and finally, 28 years later, I "get" the song.

Why is it sideways?

Huh. I never heard it as "Come and dig my herb."

What's the next line--that's the one that's garbled to me. "None of them .... something something ..."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I gotta say, for the record, that internet lyrics sites are all terrible and overly script- and ad-laden.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Huh. I never heard it as "Come and dig my herb."

Yeah, for some reason, I always hear it this way:

"There must be some way out of here," said the monkey to his Chief,
                        "There's too many runners here, they all fill me with grief.
                        Runner men, they drink my wine, joggers piss my earth,
                        None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited," the Chief, he kindly spoke,
                        "There are many here among us who feel that runners are but a joke.
                        But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
                        So let us not fly away right now, the hour is getting late."

All along the watchtower, we monkeys keep the view
                        While all the runners came and went, barefoot faddists, too.

Outside in the distance a caracal did growl,
                        Two runners were approaching, the wind began to howl

MrH

I wish I had a rabbit and a bat in a hat  (WTF?  You lost me there Skee.)

Well of course you don't understand it because you have the wrong lyric.

The correct lyric is:

I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat.

That hardly needs explanation.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xor

I gotta say, for the record, that internet lyrics sites are all terrible and overly script- and ad-laden.

ringtones are where the money's at, maaan.

#artbydmcbride

I remember one summer they kept playing that crazy song; Mice Aroma.  M M M M Mice Aroma!

Runners run

xor

In other news, here's something that should be clarified.

Timothy B Schmidt (who always seems to be mentioned via whole name including middle initial): replacement bass player for The Eagles.  Dude singing "I Can't Tell You Why" kinda like a female.

Harrison H Schmitt (who isn't always mentioned with middle initial, but sometimes): Astronaut from Apollo 17.

Thank you.

BTW, Schmitt took 'the blue marble' Earth pic.