misc update 14 (Read 3983 times)

eric :)

Whenever I needed a break from the GPS upload feature, I would work on some of minor features. I've just uploaded the latest batch of changes. The most significant change is something that (if working properly) you will not notice. I upgraded the tools I used to create the site. There are some incompatibilities with the old version of the tools. The beta users and I made our best effort in finding bugs caused by this change, but inevitably, there will be some that went unnoticed. I ask for your understanding if you encounter a bug. Please report it and I'll get it fixed ASAP. Password protected logs I added support for password protected logs. Instead of just public or private logs, you now can set a password on your log so only the people with the password can view it. You can set your password in Options / My Log Preferences. Default starting page for groups You can specify the default starting page when you enter one of your groups. For example, you can go straight to the group's forum or reports page instead of having to go the home page first. Go to the group's Options page to set it. This will definitely reduce the amount of clicking in groups. Granting log access to group admins Also in the group's options page is a check box for this feature. If it is selected, you will grant that group's administrators access to your log, even if your log is private. This is useful for training groups where athletes need to grant access to their coaches but no one else. Fractional weight I updated the weight fields to accept fractional weights. I wasn't too keen on this idea because you'll be too focused on the fractional weight and may not look at the whole picture. But, what do I know. Several people wanted this so here it is. The beta users didn't get a chance to test this because it required a database change and that will affect the production site. If it doesn't seem to be working properly for you, just let me know. Individual workout paging On the view workout page, there is now a link to the previous and next workouts so you can page through them without going back to the workouts page. Excuding races from PR calculation In the run entry form, if you set the run type to be "Race", a check box will appear next to it. If you select it, then this race will not be included in the PR/PB calculation. Added distinction between 8k and 5 miles The PR listing now recognizes the difference between a 8k and 5 milers and will list them as separate distances. Lengthened shoe ID field I've expanded the max length of the shoe ID to be 16 characters long for some of you that needed more room. Magic cookie Some of you told me that if you took a long time to create a big map or a large post, you might lose everything because the server timed you out. The cause was that you did not enable the "remember me" option and so you had to relogin, resulting in the data loss. I added a "magic cookie" that lets the server remember you indefinitely. This hasn't been tested thoroughly but in theory it should work. As I said before, this release will be a bit less stable than the other ones due to the tools upgrade. If you see anything that you think is not right, please let me know. As always, you should thank the beta users who braved the possibility of losing data to test these features. Thanks guys! eric Smile modified to add: change thread subject I forgot about this one... this update allows the creator of a thread to change the subject.
      Wow! Thanks, Eric. Great list of features - you are THE AWESOME!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Jeffrey

Thanks Eric. Big grin
        Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Eric Thanks a lot - great list of enhancements! Neil UK

Running ... just keep running!

Wingz

Professional Noob

I absolutely love how this site keeps getting better and better! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Lazy idiot

Love the new features. I'm not sure if this bug is related to the upgrade, but thought I'd report here just in case. When I view someone else's log (say, from a forum), close the window that houses their log, and then click on the 'Training Log' tab to return to my log: the page shows my stats with their graph. Not a big deal, because I know I didn't run as much as mbotti did recently. But thought you might like to know.

Tick tock

the new features are great Big grin did you do something to the tabs at the top of the page though? they seem to have a funny rectangle around them. no big deal and they work fine - just looks a bit odd. (windows xp/firefox)

Love the new features. I'm not sure if this bug is related to the upgrade, but thought I'd report here just in case. When I view someone else's log (say, from a forum), close the window that houses their log, and then click on the 'Training Log' tab to return to my log: the page shows my stats with their graph. Not a big deal, because I know I didn't run as much as mbotti did recently. But thought you might like to know.
                  Drew, Can you reproduce this consistently? I can't seem to do it.

the new features are great Big grin did you do something to the tabs at the top of the page though? they seem to have a funny rectangle around them. no big deal and they work fine - just looks a bit odd. (windows xp/firefox)
                    I did change how the tabs (the header protion of the site) are created. I don't see anything funny using Firefox and IE. Can you take a screen shot of it for me?
                      i can (and have) but don't know how to post it? Confused
                      Jeffrey

I noticed a darker rectangle around the buttons too. Did you change a color on a background element? MTA: Forgot to mention I am on a mac: Firefox looks fine ... Safari looks like the linked graphic.
                        Can you take a screen shot of it for me?
                          yes - thats just what mine looks like too. (squidboy is clearly more technologically competent than i am!)
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I noticed a darker rectangle around the buttons too. Did you change a color on a background element? MTA: Forgot to mention I am on a mac: Firefox looks fine ... Safari looks like the linked graphic.
                            Mine looked like that earlier in Safari, but it's fine now. Does yours still look odd? I also had no padding space at the top of the pages--the navigation tabs and logo were smack-dab on the top of the page, but now are normal. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Here it’s the other way around: Safari looks fine, Firefox has the darker background – not that it really matters. Great work, Eric.
                                mine looks fine again now.