Running w/music & apps??? (Read 177 times)

jfa

During races? No, not really.

Training runs? Yes. But most of the time but I run without cars around.

brandicted

Just curious, for those of you who run half or full marathons, do you run a) listening to music, b) using a running app, or c) both?

I do smile but I fear towards the end of a long/hard run it probably looks more like a grimace...!

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I train with music if I am running alone, no music if I have my dog with me.  Use running app only if I am measuring out a new route, or when doing the Zombies, Run! app which is a story interspersed with music, very entertaining.

For racing I have never yet run with music or an app, but I am reconsidering it for this year.  I get extremely nervous before and during the first couple miles of the race, it is excruciating.  I was thinking music might help calm me down.

Leah, mother of dogs

bap

Pet peeve is people running with headphones during races.

I've never run outside with headphones but I did run on a treadmill listening to music once or twice.

Certified Running Coach
          Crocked since 2013

Run n Drum

Always when running on the dreadmill, which isn't too often.  Rarely on training runs outside.  Never in a race or on a trail.

RnD

running metalhead

There is sorta non-written law that says that in a race you realise that you are gettign to the front positions when you pass the last guy/chick with earphones.

As a matter of fact, in these races were competition and recreational runners start separated I have never seen anybody among the competitors with earphones.

When I train I don't wear any electronic music device either, but sometimes I provide some excellent entertainment (soem would say utter annoyance) to fellow runners by singing Iron Maiden stuff  or soviet revolutionary songs (1) while running, specially uphill. I don't know why, actually.

And no, I don't do this in races.

(1) I'm neither Russian nor commy, but check out the song "Tatchanjka"about a machine-gun car,

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
              - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
              - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
              - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
              - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
              - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)