Taper stiffness? (Read 764 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good luck in the race! Say hello to my friend John Keane at the Brooks Booth.
    Ooh, cool, I will look for him. I have never had Brooks shoes, but my MIL just got a pair. I REALLY like Brook's clothes for running, though. My very favorite wicking hat and pants are Brooks. Best race shirt I ever got was a black long-sleeved Brooks technical top. Apparently the shirts for 5/3 are the short-sleeved version of the same, so I paid more for the technical shirt, rather than ANOTHER damned cotton race shirt, heh! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

rather than ANOTHER damned cotton race shirt, heh!
      OT, but you reminded me of something. My HS X-Country coach (another GR guy, go figure) had a patchwork quilt made using the printed part of his old race shirts as the squares (every other square actually). Clever way to actually do something useful with them, while preserving the memories. I've got a box full of old cotton race tees that I should probably do this with... Call it harmonic convergence, but I think I actually slept under that quilt when I crashed at his place the night before the 1990 Riverbank Run. Since you're running that race this weekend, my random remembrance of this fact must be like good karma for you on Saturday or something. Tongue

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Call it harmonic convergence, but I think I actually slept under that quilt when I crashed at his place the night before the 1990 Riverbank Run. Since you're running that race this weekend, my random remembrance of this fact must be like good karma for you on Saturday or something. Tongue
        Yay! Actually, my MIL is a quilter and helped make one of these quilts for friends of theirs. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

i also experience stiffyness but not only during taper period Big grin Good luck in your race...lucky for me, i only get to race for 3.1 miles tomorrow...
            i also experience stiffyness but not only during taper period
            Snort.
            2009: BQ?

Dog-Love

Best of luck Zoom zoom and your legs are gonna take you places on race day! I mean they'll take you where you wanna go of course. I look forward to your race report and pics of course
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Best of luck Zoom zoom and your legs are gonna take you places on race day! I mean they'll take you where you wanna go of course.
                Hee...all I require is that they keep me upright and don't hurt TOO badly by the end! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay