RunningAhead Refugees -- (Read 2276 times)

xor

Where the hell is Ternt?

I just assumed, like Santa, he was taking his post monkey siesta.

Runners run

Hip Redux

yes

but did you just call Tanya old?

O brother. 

I can totally see Tanya sitting on her porch with a cane yelling "GIT OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!"

Right?

(I kid! I kid!)

I did have a semi-serious thought about whether or not Depends makes party-pooper pants.  You know... with like leopard print n'stuff.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

bhearn, you have gone above and beyond the call in welcoming us...and I for one, do not believe one word of it. 

Tell me what you really think, and what's in that pipe, northern lights or skunk # 1  : : ahem : : menthol or regular?

bhearn is really J.R. Bob Dobbs from the Church of the Subgenius. You didn't know that? When I was in college we used to stencil his image all over campus, especially around the area where our regular campus preacher (Westboro baptist style) held court. I couldn't believe my luck when I saw his image pop up on that thread about the culture here. And then wc-runner got all freaky and actually blasphemous, considering the fact that he was getting all pissy at bhearn, who is really J.R. Bob Dobbs.

Oh and this thread is so awesome on so many levels.

Oh and another thing, RW folks from the Beginners Forum (BF) are ... unique. Kind of like terriers are unique among dogs. My dog isn't even sure what to make of them.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man" - The Dude

Upcoming races: AthHalf: 10/20

bhearn is really J.R. Bob Dobbs from the Church of the Subgenius. You didn't know that? When I was in college we used to stencil his image all over campus, especially around the area where our regular campus preacher (Westboro baptist style) held court. I couldn't believe my luck when I saw his image pop up on that thread about the culture here. And then wc-runner got all freaky and actually blasphemous, considering the fact that he was getting all pissy at bhearn, who is really J.R. Bob Dobbs.

Oh and this thread is so awesome on so many levels.

Oh and another thing, RW folks from the Beginners Forum (BF) are ... unique. Kind of like terriers are unique among dogs. My dog isn't even sure what to make of them.

Hey, now.  

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Maybe my dog is in awe of them!

Maybe my dog is in awe of them!

lol!  I'm sure that's it.   

(I almost added a winkie smiley face at the end there, but if there's one thing I've learned since joining RA, it's that SRL hates them.  Points for me for paying attention.)

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

bhearn

Yes indeed. Only thing is, you might not have noticed, that is my real beard.

<----

My brother in law sent me this yesterday. Seen in a men's room in Portland.

jules2

if I had a BIL who stalked men's rooms with a camera I think I'd keep it as a family secretWink

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

<----

Awesome! Praise Bob, indeed! And I'm sure he would approve of the beard. Beards are the shizzle these days.

What level of Slack are you at?

I wonder how many people know this about "Bob": "Moses parted the Red Sea, Oppenheimer split the atom, but "Bob" cut the crap." - Steve Antczak

Imminent Catastrophe

bhearn, you have gone above and beyond the call in welcoming us...and I for one, do not believe one word of it. 

Tell me what you really think, and what's in that pipe, northern lights or skunk # 1  : : ahem : : menthol or regular?

I was bitterly disappointed that bhearn didn't smoke his pipe while pacing me.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

MorganaRuns

Slower than you

Maybe there should be a SubGenius sub-group here. Hmmmmmm.....

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I can totally see Tanya sitting on her porch with a cane yelling "GIT OFF MY LAWN YOU WHIPPERSNAPPERS!"

Sitting on the porch not writing a blog....

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

<----

Have you been to Apex Beer Bar in SE Portland?  The bathrooms are gender neutral and have the best grafitti of anywhere.  Plus they have 50 microbrews on tap at all times. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

bhearn

Haven't been there. Unisex bathrooms are no surprise; I guess it's close to Reed. Will check it out.