Minor Issue - Hitting Refresh (Read 698 times)

mbk

I use Google's Chrome browser and I've noticed lately that I have to hit refresh to get some pages to load fully. For example, usually when I go to my main page (the page with the widgets) Everything loads except the widgets - the sidebar, topbar and announcement all load. When I hit refresh one time everything loads. Also, when I go to "GPS Import" is usually get the "Device not Connected" box. When I click "GPS Import" again it loads normally and I am able to do the import. These are really minor and don't cause me any heartburn but I thought I would just mention it to you. I LOVE the site and have really been enjoying the new Facebook application. Great work as always, Eric.
      I have this same issue (widgets not showing when page first loads) on the Summary page. Firefox 3.0.9. I agree its a minor, minor issue but I mention it because (a) as with the OP, this only started recently, and (b) I use a different browser so it may be something on the server side.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

A Saucy Wench

I've been having the same issue and since the OP mentions facebook I'll say that I think the issue started at the same time as when I started using the facebook application.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

jlang

Seen this too, since last weekend (8 days). Nearly always have to refresh the summary page.
          Shady Fellow

Shady Fellow®

>Nearly always have to refresh the summary page. Yes. This is now an issue with my Internet Explorer7. __ Shady Fellow® I only drink Zinfandel after I run. And I run a lot.
            eric :)

I've seen this happen sporadically (like once a month). Usually, I hit refresh and everything is fine again. Are you saying that it's happening multiple times per visit? I may have a possible explanation for this but the setup will take a little while. The server is not reporting any errors so it may be quite hard to track down...
              Shady Fellow

Shady Fellow®

>Are you saying that it's happening multiple times per visit? No. Only once. At the beginning of the session (after using the shortcut from my desktop to the Training Log). Curiously, the Training Log displays properly if I enter through the Home or Community page. __ Shady Fellow® I only drink Zinfandel after I run. And I run a lot.

A Saucy Wench

I've seen this happen sporadically (like once a month). Usually, I hit refresh and everything is fine again. Are you saying that it's happening multiple times per visit? I may have a possible explanation for this but the setup will take a little while. The server is not reporting any errors so it may be quite hard to track down...
                  Mine happens when I first open RA consistently. It occasionally also happens when I hit the Training Log tab from somewhere else within RA. But not consistently. I'll try to pay attention and see if I find any pattern. Like they said, it isnt really a big deal, just means I have to either refresh or hit the summary button to see my pretty graph & data.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I also have this when I first visit the 'Summary' page which I have bookmarked. Once I've refreshed it's fine, I thought it was me! It's happened for about a month- I use Internet Explorer 7.

2012 Goals- London & San Francisco Marathons.

I'm on Twitter as @gram63

Wingz

Professional Noob

I had it happen to me twice tonight. (You know, I'm on & off all night). This is the screen shot if it helps explain anything... I had had another person's data screen up (using FireFox) when I closed the screen last time, so that's what page I was on. I clicked the yellow "go to your log" bar, and got this:

Roads were made for journeys...

morganiq

This has happened for me too for about the same amount of time as everyone else. It happens when I first visit RA by clicking the bookmarked link to my Training Log Summary page. Safari Version 3.2.1 (5525.27.1) Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.6 Morgan ETA: It occurs when linking directly to the Summary page after I haven't visited RA for a while, where "a while" is something I haven't narrowed down yet, but is less than a day, more than a few minutes.
                          This is happening to me also. I'm running firefox 3.1B3
                          "Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." Lou Holtz
                            Me too.  FF 3.5b4 on XP.  When I come to the site via a bookmark having not visited since the day before, my summary doesn't show up until I refresh the page.

Thought I was going nuts.  At least it's not just me.

2011 Goals:
                            sub 17min 5k
                            5:15 mile?
                            (well, maybe next year)

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

Yep, for me too.  Mozilla Firefox.

Loves the outdoors

Me too. Safari and Google chrome 

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.