Vegas Running (Read 957 times)

Bwahahahaha...see, that's what living in the Upper Midwest after a blizzard and sub -0 temps will get ya'. I read BRR as brr and thought you were commenting on our weather! Big grin k
    Gee, so sorry I missed the cold weather for a few days!! Wink Yesterday, we were walking the Strip in T-shirts & sweating! You could tell who the locals were by the winter coats, hats & boots on a 65 degree day! Us Northern folk were in tank tops.
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      Us Northern folk were in tank tops.
      And that's why us locals go to the strip Big grin
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent, I'm sorry I didn't get to see this until too late, we could have run the strip together. I just made it back home from Vegas a few minutes ago. We stayed at Paris from Wed until this morning. I ran 2 mornings on the strip at about 5-6am. It was fantastic...not crowded at all. The 2nd morning, I hit construction twice where they had the sidewalks closed too & had to do a few loops, but it was fun anyways. The stairs gave me a bit of a workout, since I hate running hills even, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (apparently all the squats I've been doing at the gym are helping!). I probably ran past you if you were running in the early a.m.!!
        I'm glad you had fun. I stayed at Mandalay, so the strip was out and back for me. I was able to dodge the construction and keep going. The stairs were tough. They are actually different than hill running since your foot plant is flat rather than at the angle of a hill. That makes them harder. Those steps were also pretty steep!
          The steps were tough. I considered the escalator a few times, but kicked myself in the arse & went for the stairs anyways.
            And that's why us locals go to the strip Big grin
            Nothing like seeing some pasty white corn fed girls in tank tops, hey?! Big grin Actually, I just stood up in a wedding 01/20, so I'd been to the tanner alot...so I was a somewhat tan corn fed Northern girl!!