126.2 Mile Rouge-Orleans race report (Read 550 times)

mdacar

My race report from the 2012 Rouge-Orleans.  A 126.2 mile race from Baton Rouge to New Orleans along the Mississippi river levee.

http://mikesultrarunningblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/rouge-orleans-2012.html

Am I doing this right?

No excuses....

mdacar

Thanks, didn't think of that.

Am I doing this right?

That was a great report.  You have a great writing style, it almost made me want to try an ultra....almost.

P.S.  Jen sounds like a keeper  Wink

No excuses....

Will Crew for Beer

Awesome. I grew up near New Orleans. I've driven River Road between New Orleans and Baton Rouge a couple times, so I know the route you took. I've run on the levee between Destrehan and St. Rose and couldn't even imagine what it would be like to run that whole distance. Thanks for sharing!

2014 Goal: Run Monkey as my first marathon. Brilliant!

Fast is better than long

Great write-up great effort and I too alomst, but won't run an ultra, they're too long.

Awesome prose, bro

2014 Goals: 2500 miles / sub 2 800m / 4:30 mile / sub 16:30 5K

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
              Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

vegefrog

Great report. Very interesting re-cap.

It in no way makes me want to run an ultra though Shocked

A Sweetheart

That was a fun race report to read.  I really liked, "After she would drive away from the exchange I would run as much as I could manage so I could try and surprise her with how far I had managed to go before she got back to me.  I’m fairly certain I failed to surprise her at any point. "   I laughed because I have played games with myself like this.  Whatever helps, right?

Btw, Umstead is right in your backyard.  It is a really nice, well run race.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Tennessee Beer Mile Queen

Wow.

I had read about this race earlier. Very nice to see a race report here. And a great report it was. Thanks for sharing your race.

Paul

mdacar

I'm well aware of the Umstead 100.  The people who have been organizing it are starting to retire so, along with many others, I'll be helping to organize it in the future.  Seeing as it filled up in 30 seconds this year helping to organize it might be the only way I could get in.