Most Effective vs. Most Efficient running form (Read 221 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If you're bouncing, it's probably because your cadence is too slow.  Work on turning over  your feet quicker.  As a new runner, I'd shoot for a cadence of 170.

+170

Higher turnover will force a shorter, less "poundy" stride that as more midfoot, less heel, and generally speaking, more efficient.  (Which, BTW, is exactly what barefoot running does, so truth is, no one needs to ditch their shoes, they just need to increase their cadence, but that's another discussion).

As for the OP's question as to whether this cadence number is for one foot or both foot, listen to what ~170 beats per minute sounds like, and I think you'll quickly figure out the answer. Wink   (Hint: don't hurt yourself trying to run at 170 steps per each foot)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

... and that is the most important thing.   Sounds like the Fernando Lamas school of running!  Nads - You look mahvelous!

My dad said, "Fernando, don't be a schnook; it's not how you feel, it's how you look!"

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JimR

Out of ALL the sites that talk about running form or technique drills, why the heck did OP come up with this site?  I almost wonder if the OP is in fact Scooby and he's just trying to promote his site...

Perhaps.  So far the identical cut/pasted opening post is here, Letsrun and this UK running site:

http://www.runnersforum.co.uk/beginners/38880-most-effective-vs-most-efficient-running-form.html

an amazing likeness

Out of ALL the sites that talk about running form or technique drills, why the heck did OP come up with this site?  I almost wonder if the OP is in fact Scooby and he's just trying to promote his site...

Fly by posts 'tis the new normal here now...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HermosaBoy

I thought that it has been previously determined on here that to be most efficient we should run like an Ostrich?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob