runners high? (Read 908 times)

I ran 7 miles yesterday with my pseudo-trainer/friend, and it felt FANTASTIC. When we finished I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "YEA!!" (I didn't, b/c that would have been a bit odd, but I wanted to!) Can I attribute that to the "runner's high"?... or just a happy day? either way, I loved it, and I want to get out there and run and feel it again!!!
    Started running Nov 2006 1st race: Cowtown 10K 2/24/07 1:09:32 PR 5K 29:54 PR 10K 1:01:08 White Rock 1/2 Dec 07 2:27:50 2010 goals PR all!!!

You'll ruin your knees!

I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "YEA!!" (I didn't, b/c that would have been a bit odd, but I wanted to!)
      ...a bit odd? You're new here, aren't you? YEA!! Woot! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

If that's odd than I'm really weird. During my marathon training last year whenever I passed the half-marathon mark during the long runs I would yell as loud as I can "HALF-MARATHON!!" Of course it sent every neighborhood dog into hysterics and it would scare the sweat off anyone running near me... but it felt GOOD! LET IT OUT!!!
          I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "YEA!!"
          You should have! A friend of mine will give out the every now and then "Woot!!!" or "Yeah this feels great!!" while we are running races. Usually those nearest to her take a few steps ahead or to the left or right when she does it...just kidding. We love it, it's like she's speaking for all of us!! I know I don't have the nerve to do it but it makes me feel good when she does. The coolest part is that 9 times out of 10 when she does yell like that, you can hear an echo of similiar yells throughout the pack around us. Totally cool. Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When I ran the Grand Rapids Half Marathon this past Fall it was such a great, positive experience. I kept pace with the "Oprah" marathon pace team (I think ~4:44) until they split off at the 9 mile marker. Nice group of people and the leaders would randomly chat with people on the course. When they found out that a runner was doing his/her first marathon or half they would loudly announce it and everyone within earshot would yell "yay, _____!" and hoot and holler. It was really motivating. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I ran 7 miles yesterday with my pseudo-trainer/friend, and it felt FANTASTIC. When we finished I just wanted to jump up and down and yell "YEA!!" (I didn't, b/c that would have been a bit odd, but I wanted to!) Can I attribute that to the "runner's high"?... or just a happy day? either way, I loved it, and I want to get out there and run and feel it again!!!
              Isn't that feeling great!?! Congrats!!! Smile