Looking for the perfect wind breaker (Read 708 times)

Marquess of Utopia

On really cold days I wear my softshell jacket over a t-shirt, but on warmer 20-45 degree windy days has anyone found the truly breathable windbreaker? I occasionally use my 3 ounce 40 denier nylon windbreaker, but moisture always builds up in it. I have been looking at clothing with Gore-Tex Windstopper® N2S. Anyone have advice?
    Mishka-old log

Sorry, I couldn't resist. This is why I'm still not allowed at the grown-ups table.

I have a super bright and very ugly pullover from Nike that is great. Very visible, and seems to regulate temperature pretty well.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a Mizuno (I think the model name is Rebel) that I REALLY like. Got a good deal on it at Holabirdsports.com

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Even the most breathable fabrics can't really keep up with vigorous exercise in relatively warm temperatures. You'll always get somewhat sweaty. Gore tex breathes best in cold, dry conditions. The best compromise is probably something with vents you can easily adjust.
            Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
              20-45 degrees and wind I usually wear a vest. With a long sleve shirt on the 20 end and with short sleves on the 45 end. MTA; but I second Mishka's suggestion.

Runners run

Sorry, I couldn't resist. This is why I'm still not allowed at the grown-ups table.
                good call...

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group