What's your best Brekkie? (Read 208 times)

haykate

I love bircher!

I find it's not too heavy and stodgy (porridge), yet keeps me going and is quick and easy (with a little organisation the night before - which is basically putting time in the bank for the morning).

I also like it because it's transportable, and if I have to drive to an event early in the morning, I can take it with me and eat it with a coffee down the road someplace and at breakfast time and be fuelled and ready to run.

Here's my recipe:  http://intelligentbiped.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/brilliant-bircher-brekkie.html

Other ideas for healthy brekkies - especially ones that transport?

Kate

an amazing likeness

Just to assist those who may not be in the antipodes...I've been to NZ and recall "brekkie" = breakfast.

(Mine is a bowl of raisin bran cold cereal with skim milk...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

BeeRunB

Air and coffee. Keeps me going until noon.

I mix a generous tablespoon of natural peanut butter, some honey and some grape nuts into plain Greek yogurt.  Fills me up and tastes good.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

HermosaBoy

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pop Tarts

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

#artbydmcbride

One whole egg and one egg white, scrambled together and quick fried.  and lots of coffee

Runners run

keeponrunning

Ideally, pancakes with blueberry sauce and whipped cream.  However, if I ate that every day I'd be obese, so generally I stick to either cereal (usually raisin bran) or eggs (scrambled with parsley) .  Oh, and always tons of coffee, black.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Oatmeal must mornings. Mmmm-mmm.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

runsonsyrup

Pre run is coffee and a handful of Teddy Grahams. Post run (lately) has been a toasted English Muffin with jam, a runny egg, cheese, and tablespoon of avocado.

I also can't resist bagels. I sometimes eat those dry, but dip them in cottage cheese. Sounds weird, but it's healthier (more calcium, protein) than cream cheese, and still gives that cheesy, creamy taste I crave. If I'm not feeling it, though, I'll just go with cream cheese. Everything in moderation Smile

www.runsonsyrup.com

erinr

Pre run is coffee and a handful of Teddy Grahams. Post run (lately) has been a toasted English Muffin with jam, a runny egg, cheese, and tablespoon of avocado.

I also can't resist bagels. I sometimes eat those dry, but dip them in cottage cheese. Sounds weird, but it's healthier (more calcium, protein) than cream cheese, and still gives that cheesy, creamy taste I crave. If I'm not feeling it, though, I'll just go with cream cheese. Everything in moderation Smile

I don't remember if one of my friends did it or what, but I started eating bagels with cottage cheese in the cafeteria in college.  Yum... I haven't done that for a long time.  Thanks for reminding me!

peaches123

Oatmeal.  If I'm doing an early run or ride, I like PB toast with banana.  Always have black coffee.