Running tunes recommendation (Read 942 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Old school...sorta. I really liked the "4 Minutes" song by Madonna w/Justin Timberlake. So I went to iTunes a few weeks back to download it. They were offering a deal on pre-order of the "Deluxe" edition of Madonna's yet unreleased "Hard Candy" album. From descriptions of the album it sounded like a dance-heavy disc, so I pre-ordered it. It's been YEARS since I bought any Madonna...ok, I don't think I've bought any of her albums since the 80s, so I guess I should say it's been DECADES. The album became available for download this AM. I have listened to it through once and am playing it for a second time, now. I'd give it 4/4.5 stars. I really like it. Fun, bass-heavy dance tracks. Some remixes, including one Paul Oakenfold track. Great long run tempos. I still chuckle when I remember my dad saying ~25 years ago "that Madonna is a fad. She won't last." Yeah. He said crap like that about rap, too. Old fart. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ooh, my DW is gonna be excited about this one. Her last album was very dance-heavy as well. That's how she rolls these days. I agree it's hard to believe that it's been 25 years since she came on the scene with her brand of bubble-gum pop. Now she's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. BTW, some of those early songs are still good. "Borderline" shuffled up on my iPod the other day. A definite guilty pleasure.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, I have been tempted to download some of her really old stuff...considering the originals I had were on CASSETTE TAPE! Tongue I remember her last album being pretty disco-ish. I didn't download it, but I did purchase the "Hung Up" single, which I still listen to a lot. I did consider pre-ordering that one, as well. Man, she is prolific. I think her last album came out only a year or two ago and was also received pretty well.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, the comparisons between Madonna and Britney Spears a few years back always amused me. Britney isn't smart, which is one HUGE, glaring difference. Madonna attended your alma mater for at least a year or two, Jeff. Not shabby. Madonna was also well into her 20s and an adult when she gained fame. Britney was just a trashy little wanna-be.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Madonna attended your alma mater for at least a year or two, Jeff. Not shabby.
            From Wikipedia:
            Madonna received a dance scholarship to the University of Michigan after graduating from high school. After being convinced by her ballet teacher to pursue a dance career, Madonna left the University of Michigan at the end of her sophomore year, 1977, and moved to New York City.
            Go Blue!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

DW is a huge Madonna fan and loves the new track. Loves the video, etc. She took me to see her back in Spring 2006. Good show but I was like 1 of 10 straight guys there. And yeah, I like Borderline too. Damn.
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha! I saw Madonna live in '87...when I was 14--kind of the peak of her career. Very good show, but we were seriously like a quarter mile from the stage at Alpine Valley (ski resort in WI). The had a video screen and we'd see Madonna's lips move a second or two before we'd hear the vocals. The new album is produced by Timbaland and I think some Pharrell stuff, too. You can definitely hear it.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Alpine Valley (ski resort in WI).
                    Sorry for the buzzkill, but isn't that where Stevie Ray Vaughn's helicopter crashed? Cry

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sorry for the buzzkill, but isn't that where Stevie Ray Vaughn's helicopter crashed? Cry
                      Yes. Cry

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

Quote from Globule on 4/29/2008 at 12:06 PM: From Wikipedia: Go Blue!
                        Indeed! Big grin
                        No 'yuns just crossed the line and mad me angry.... Wink GO BUCS !! Photobucket

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No 'yuns just crossed the line and mad me angry.... Wink GO BUCS !! Photobucket
                          Jeff, you gonna take that?! BTW, Badgers trump all! And how cool are my parents...when I was in HS they found a t-shirt at a garage sale that said "F*ck 'em, Bucky!" I still have that shirt somewhere...

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

No 'yuns just crossed the line and mad me angry.... Wink GO BUCS !!
                            Hey, a Tampa Bay Fan! Heh. You spelled it wrong. If you're gonna stoop to relatively unprovoked smack, at least do it right. I know you guys have that O-H-I-O cheer to help with the spelling; perhaps your need a B-U-C-K-S cheer as well. Tongue (Apologies to DrewEOB, who I am pretty sure could even spell BUCKEYES unassisted.)

Garth Brooks. He's all you need. Yes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Garth Brooks. He's all you need. Yes
                                'Cause you got friends in LOW places... Wink

~ Sarah Kay