Virtual 5K invitation to all RunningAHEAD members 6/4 (Read 1232 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

Will there be another one next month?? I'd be up for it..
      Daddy's littel girl.
      Wingz

Professional Noob

That's the plan at this point. Would you like to request a date?

I think this sounds like a lot of fun! Is this weekend a go for sure?
          "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
          Wingz

Professional Noob

This Saturday is a go! So far we've got the following people signed up: Mile Collector (5 mile division) mbotti backroadrunner (both 5 mile and 5K divisions) Hawk Runner Wingz Pron8r (5 mile division? I have a 5K time here...) nite_runner maybe's: zoom-zoom Did I miss anyone? Sounds like this time will be a small race. Hey, all, invite your friends! It's free, it's fun, and it's right here!

And everyone knows marathoners can't run 3.1 miles... Big grin Tongue
              Well, we can. Just not particularly fast. Big grin In fact, I ran 8 5K's last Saturday. All in a row. At any rate, I'm posting my time from today's 5 mile run, if that's ok with you, Wingz (you are the race director, aren't you?), as I'm doing 10 Saturday. Using my middle three miles, my time was 20:45. Is there a virtual t-shirt or something we get?
              My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                That's the plan at this point. Would you like to request a date?
                Perhaps July 4th? There always seem to be 4th of July 5k's around the country. Just a thought.
                My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Well, we can. Just not particularly fast. Big grin In fact, I ran 8 5K's last Saturday. All in a row. At any rate, I'm posting my time from today's 5 mile run, if that's ok with you, Wingz (you are the race director, aren't you?), as I'm doing 10 Saturday. Using my middle three miles, my time was 20:45. Is there a virtual t-shirt or something we get?
                  I think you only get a virtual t-shirt only if you're the first 100 people that sign up Clowning around
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

Mile Collector had asked for a 5 mile division. If you two boys want your own private race for the full 5 mles I think we can do that now! (Sorry, Pron8r, we wouldn't be able to use your 3 mile time for the 5 mile distance...) Wink I hadn't thought of a virtual t-shirt... hmm... Any t-shirt designers out there who might be willing to contribute their talents to the cause?

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Ok, I'm just back from my club's Thursday night 5 mile run. My time is 36:50, which means Pron8r is in the lead Dead
                        I work at a printing company in sandcity california. My main job is lead preinter/shop mrg. Although I do some grafic's from time to time as needed.
                        Daddy's littel girl.
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Think you can come up with an image for this before Sat? If not, I'll just have to do something really cheesy...

Okay toss me an idea or two of what you may want and I'll see what I can do.
                            Daddy's littel girl.
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

<super-secret> Big grin Pron8r - do you have the time for the whole 5 miles so Mile Collector can have someone to run against? If not, we can take MC's times and do the math to find out a 3 mile average...</super-secret>

I'm not sure I should open myself up to the snail ridicule, but I'd be willing to do both the 3.1 & the 5. I'll be running 5 tonight & I'll run the 3.1 tomorrow. I can compete with the slow crowd in the 3.1, but 5 miles in 36mins?? I'm going with that ego-saving theory of "I'll do my personal best"!!!! Big grin
                                So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3