My cold experience: Rest. (Read 437 times)

Jeffrey

Hello, I got sick on 0911. (symptoms: Fever and chills. Sinus infection. Deep chest cough.) I began running again 0923 but had to give it up 0926 due to the symptoms flaring back up -- even after laying low for 12 days! I rested 3 more days and started running again on 0930. It was really hard not running for so many days but I think it was worth it. This is a sickness that keeps going and going but I finally have my head back! Jeffrey.
    vicentefrijole

Welcome back! That sounds awful! I always struggle with a cold this time of year (I got through mine a couple weeks ago)... I agree that it's best to "lie low" but it sure is difficult to make myself do it. However, if I come back too soon, I just weaken myself and end up staying sick longer. On the other hand, a nice easy run once I've pretty much recovered can really help clear out my sinuses! Big grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am SO paranoid that I will get sick just in time for my HM--I have a history of getting sick right around the end of Oct. and am super prone to sinus infections (am on year-round allergy meds to help fend them off), so it would be right on schedule. Jeffrey, did you end up on antibiotics for the sinus problems? Pretty much as soon as I have my tell-tale symptoms I get my butt into my PCP and on antibiotics. Always does the trick. I used to suffer for a week or more, but when it's an infection I could never get it to go away on its own. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jeffrey

Hello, Short: No antibiotics. Long: My head almost imploded and I couldn't sleep. I started taking Alka Seltzer cold med. Symptoms receded. I tried running. Symptoms flared. Went to see my doc. I started Sudafed PE to bust up the super thick junk in my head. It was horrible. So many Kleenexes. j.
          Jeffrey, did you end up on antibiotics for the sinus problems? Pretty much as soon as I have my tell-tale symptoms I get my butt into my PCP and on antibiotics. Always does the trick. I used to suffer for a week or more, but when it's an infection I could never get it to go away on its own. k