Flu shot heresy (Read 2156 times)

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I'm such a bad Mom...I filled out a permission slip for my DD to get the vaccine but I have no idea when she is getting it and I'm certain I won't be there when she does! Oh well, she's 10...she can handle it.

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Imminent Catastrophe

...My stories about slogging barefoot through the snow, studying by lamplight, subsisting on hard crusts of bread, and being grateful for the opportunities I was given, are equally unmotivating.  Kids today.  <sigh>

Show them this

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh well, she's 10...she can handle it.

Yeah, Dane is no better at almost 9 than he was at 1 or 2...only now he is STRONG, and lanky, and FAST.  Little spider-boy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Show them this

Ha, I KNEW what that would be!  DH and I are always talking about having to get up and clean the lake and living in a paper bag in the middle of the road and getting up before we go to bed....

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Yeah, Dane is no better at almost 9 than he was at 1 or 2...only now he is STRONG, and lanky, and FAST.  Little spider-boy.

He's a boy, though.  We're big wimps with needles.  I'm still mostly a wuss, and I've seen more and bigger needles than lots of people.

I can, however, kill a spider without freaking out.  Usually.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm calling PETA

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, spiders...that's the funniest bit.  Spiders like to live in my car.  I hate spiders, but have learned to tolerate them as long as they are not on me or descending in front of my field of vision.  But if he sees a spider in the car he SHRIEKS and I have to pull over and kill it.  Criminy.  But he's OK with other bugs, snakes, etc.  Just spiders freak him the hell out.

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

He's a boy, though.  We're big wimps.  I'm a wuss.

This makes more sense now

Best Present Ever

I'm such a bad Mom...I filled out a permission slip for my DD to get the vaccine but I have no idea when she is getting it and I'm certain I won't be there when she does! Oh well, she's 10...she can handle it.

If my little guy weren't so needle phobic or I had another way to get him the vaccine, that would have been me.  His big sister got the shot the same day in the same place, but I didn't stick around to hold her hand.  She's the bitter middle child, though, so she's used to it.  She once wrote me a note that said "you are mene."  I put it on my office door for the rest of that semester.  I am  indeed VERY 'mene.'  And a rather distracted mom. 

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

If my little guy weren't so needle phobic or I had another way to get him the vaccine, that would have been me.  His big sister got the shot the same day in the same place, but I didn't stick around to hold her hand.  She's the bitter middle child, though, so she's used to it.  She once wrote me a note that said "you are mene."  I put it on my office door for the rest of that semester.  I am  indeed VERY 'mene.'  And a rather distracted mom. 

Haha! That note is so funny...and so sounds like something my daughter would say to me! I told her I didn't know if it would be a shot or nose mist and she got all bug eyed about the shot...I told her to deal with it and she wasn't getting out of it! See...I'm mene too

Teresadfp

One day at a time

LOL, I have a "bitter middle child," also!  I just tell him to suck it up...

Best Present Ever

Mene moms unite!
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mene moms unite!

Mine doesn't call me mean (or mene), but he does tell us that we aren't fair a lot.  To which I get to toss out my parents' favorite phrase, "life's not fair."  Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

To which I get to toss out my parents' favorite phrase, "life's not fair."  Big grin

Try my fave: "Fair is a place where hogs compete for ribbons"

My girls grew to hate this, but I expect when they become mothers, I'll be smiling smugly as they say it.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Try my fave: "Fair is a place where hogs compete for ribbons"

Ooh, I like that one!

~ Sarah Kay