Flu shot heresy (Read 2156 times)

mikeymike

Oh.  Where was the "50,000,000" in the headline?  I'm lost.

Right after the RUN FOR THE HILLS, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ahh.  Now I see it.  Prec
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

i just got the first of the three HPV series last week.

it made my arm hurt. 

A Saucy Wench

it made my arm hurt. 

good god you are young. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Enjoy! Wink

good god you are young. 

i have to admit I was a little concerned when he said the vaccine was ideally supposed to be for 9-11 yr olds...

MrH

My DD, a college freshman, got H1N1 before the vaccines were available.

She's just fine ... or I should say back to her pre-H1N1 annoying behavior.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That is good news for her!

Not everybody has done so well.

MrH

That is good news for her!

Not everybody has done so well.

True. I wasn't using her as a reason not to get the vaccine. In spite of being a very health 18 year old prior to infection she was unable to get out of bed for a week AND didn't have complications.

Someone in less stellar health, or not as fortunate, may not recover so quickly. 

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

ymmv

i have to admit I was a little concerned when he said the vaccine was ideally supposed to be for 9-11 yr olds...

I think they mean that it is also appropriate for virgins of any age

Enjoy! Wink

indeed.

I think they mean that it is also appropriate for virgins of any age

har har. 

Imminent Catastrophe

Australian anti-vaccination crackpot Meryl Dorey (kind of like the Aussie version of Jenny McCarthy, but not hot):

"I want to help Haiti, but I don't want the money going towards vaccines, so UNICEF and Red Cross are out."

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Silverfox70

Many people have different opinions on vaccinations. I do not really know if they are best for everyone, but I do believe that prevention can save lives.Whether it is vaccinations, or just disinfectiong everything you come in contact with.

At  work I came across a tool by Triaminic (we do some of their marketing), that is very informative. The Cold and Flu Tracker is an online resource that is used to make individuals more knowledgeable about the infections and viruses in your community.

Imminent Catastrophe

And now Andrew Wakefield, the researcher who started the whole anti-vaccination hysteria, has been found to have acted unethically by the British General Medical Council. But the damage he has caused cannot be undone.

MTA: And the Lancet has now retracted the original study. But--there's more. The investigation is ongoing, there are investigations of conflict of interest and possible fraud against the good Doctor.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016