What online running store do you order from? (Read 389 times)

I of course try as much as I can to support my LRS.

^This, naturally. But when I do go online, I more often than not just use Amazon. As I do for just about everything else. Someone can correct me on running-specific stuff, but in general there is not much in the world of products that cannot be found there, and typically at good prices. Minimizes the number of different accounts & passwords to keep track of.

Dave

I use Running Warehouse the most.

I go straight to the Liquidation page. I don't wait until I need shoes...I buy them when the style I like shows up on the liquidation page. I usually check it once a month or so.

I do, too. Thanks for the tip.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hoban-Jay

I don't.  My running shoes are water/harbour shoes that I ger for $10-12 at Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority or Big5 -- the ultimate minimalst running shoes at the ultimate minimalist price!

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

^This, naturally. But when I do go online, I more often than not just use Amazon. As I do for just about everything else. Someone can correct me on running-specific stuff, but in general there is not much in the world of products that cannot be found there, and typically at good prices. Minimizes the number of different accounts & passwords to keep track of.

Good call.  One of the things I like about RW, though, is they're generally pretty agreeable about returning/exchanging shoes that don't work for me, even if I've run in them (within reason).  I guess I haven't tried Amazon out on this yet - and really, their customer service is pretty spectacular, so maybe they'd do it - but RW makes it pretty darn easy, with a shipping label already printed out, right there in the package.  Only bad part is, while they do have free 2-day shipping (no "Prime" membership required, another plus), the return shipping drags on a bit.

My LRS is good about exchanging shoes if they've basically only been worn briefly on a treadmill or maybe a gym floor, and I've done this a time or two.  But if it's a shoe I've never tried before and they'd have to special-order it, I just order from RW (started this after a conversation with the LRS owner where he related to me that, while he is willing to exchange such items, it's enough of a time and money sink that he's cool with me buying online in that case).

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

running warehouse doesn't accept the discount codes for Brooks.  I was surprised that Dave was able to get the discount on the Brooks Connect clearance shoes.  I just tried to order a pair of Brooks for me using the coupon code, and there wasn't a discount.

roadrunner VIP costs $1.99 per year and you get 10% off all the time and free shipping with the 90 day wear them / return them deal.

For roadrunner, it says that you pay $24 for subsequent years, but I don't think we pay that.  For a family of 4, we get our money's worth with the $1.99 / year deal at roadrunner.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

roadrunner VIP costs $1.99 per year and you get 10% off all the time and free shipping with the 90 day wear them / return them deal.

For roadrunner, it says that you pay $24 for subsequent years, but I don't think we pay that.  For a family of 4, we get our money's worth with the $1.99 / year deal at roadrunner.

I was pretty big on RR for a year or so, for that exact reason...after that first year, they automatically charged my credit card $24 for the next year.  I wasn't too thrilled about that.  When I called, they were very quick to just reverse the charge, no arguments.  No offer to reduce the cost back down to $1.99, though, either, so I'm no longer a VIP.

I don't begrudge them the increased cost for subsequent years, though.  Two bucks for unlimited 10% off would be a pretty tough business model to maintain.  Though I bet it could be done without bumping up to $24.  And while asking permission before charging customers' cards.

One thing I will say for them, though, their in-house brand clothing isn't bad.  I don't like the build quality quite as much as some other "name-brand" running gear manufacturers, but for the price, it's not a bad option.  And, they pack a lot of features in together on some items, like my shorts of theirs that have Velcro side pockets and a zippered pocket and an inner key pouch, and tons of reflectivity.  For less than my Brooks Sherpa III shorts, which only have two of those things.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

C-R

Eastbay, eBay and joes new balance outlet for shoes. Soark for clothes.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Cool Jump Suit

Just placed my first online order for shoes over the weekend from Running Warehouse!  I might do that from now on as I got a decent deal.  (about $10-$15 cheaper than my local running stores)  Big grin

So bittersweet,
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody,
                  Inside of me,
                  Still searches for solution.
                  A twist of faith,
                  A change of heart
                  Cures my infatuation.
                  A broken heart, 
                  Provides the spark
                  For my determination.

DaBurger

I haven't seen shoefitr anywhere other than RunningWarehouse.  I've been able to experiment with different shoes and haven't had to return a pair for poor fit yet (~3 years).

Know thyself.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I buy from my local guy.

Feeling the growl again

I buy from my local guy.

My local guy(s) never stock lightweight trainers, and always charge full retail -- 40-80% over what I can get on closeouts online.  I've bought there when I needed to go try on new models....I'm not one to use their time as a fitting store then go buy online....but frankly the stores around here do a poor job of stocking shoes (for me) and even clothes.  I walk down to a place from work to buy Body Glide and Gu...and once actually found a shirt I liked there...but other than that it's been years since I lived near what I considered a really solid running store (I liked both of them in Ann Arbor).

After a couple times driving half an hour to a store owned by Bob Kennedy only to find that all they could do was order my shoes for me...and I'd have to burn gas to drive a half hour back there to pick them up...and pay a lot more in the end....I've gone online.

I am happy for people that have good local stores.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

If not sure what I want, LRS and Zappos - free shipping both directions even to Alaska (runningwarehouse charges shipping making it more expensive). REI had been getting some of my shoe business until last year. (better selection of trail shoes, esp. those with wider toeboxes)

If I know what I want, then it's whereever I find the best prices - most recently Amazon, in the past sierratradingpost, etc. I think Amazon bought Zappos a couple years ago.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
                          Slo

I am happy for people that have good local stores.

+1

Just not the case in this town.

My LRS seems mostly empty every time I go there (I am usually the only customer there when I go), so I feel very leery about shopping exclusively online.  I definitely want the place to stay in business.  The last time I was there, they spent a very patient half hour with me while I tried on numerous shoes to find something to alternate with the Virratas that I already own.  Ultimately nothing quite worked for me, and I left empty handed.  But the half hour was incrediblely beneficial in that it allowed me to narrow my search down significantly.  I am trying some other options that I found well priced on Amazon (and that weren't available at the LRS), but for my next pair of Virratas I am heading back to the LRS.  They'll most likely charge full price for a pair but so be it.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Not so much running stuff, but I get a fair amount of stuff from REI online.

I visit their store in Kennesaw as well, but due to free shipping, sometimes its easier to get something small online rather than fiddle with taking DD to the store.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18