Poop man is a superhero (Read 358 times)

Wing

Joggaholic

This pic had been floating around on the internet for ages but I never read the story behind it, now that I've read the story I'm in awe...

http://newsfeed.gawker.com/what-happened-to-the-runner-who-shit-himself-during-a-h-1681442684

http://www.all-athletics.com/node/176197

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Thanks on putting a human side on a pic we've seen a jillion times. That said, the expressions on the faces of the onlookers is priceless.

I'm sorry, but No.  Anything would be better.. Kneel behind a building and poop if you had to, drop out of the race in search of a restroom, anything but running additional miles in that condition!  ---

I understand he wanted to finish and was committed, but "There-will-be-other-races".  Was that race his PR?

But, on the final note, I think he should try out for the Olympics.  Would make one hell of an addition to the highlight reel and the TV ratings ratings would at least double.  People love that kind of $h1t.

(Excuse the pun)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

bhearn

He ran a 1:09 half. 'Nuf said.

running metalhead

He ran a 1:09 half. 'Nuf said.

Whoa!!! I need to try his method next time!!

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
            - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
            - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
            - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
            - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
            - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

If i need to drop a duece while running, betcher ass i'll find a tree, bush or something to "hide " behind and handle my bitness. Hell, i've even had to turn around and HAUL ASS back home because there was nowhere to crap, gave my sphincter muscle a little work out one morning trying like hell to get back home.

onefatchick

Thank goodness he wasn't swimming in a swim meet

xhristopher

17 years old too. I'd probably shit myself if I ran sub 70 too.

Feeling the growl again

Dude ran a 1:09 at age 17 and went on to set a NR in the 1:02 range six years later.  Where is the fail in that?  Sounds like a competitive animal to me.  I'd poo myself in a race to run a 1:02.  Heck, my 1:09 was slower than his 1:09 and I didn't poo myself.  At the time I'd have poo'd myself for the extra seconds without a thought.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

I'd poo myself in a race to run a 1:02.

Who wouldn't?

Lane

Who wouldn't?

People who have already run faster than 1:02

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

13.1 in1:09. Can you live with it? 2 years later 1:02. Porty potty or BQ?
                          I would have to roll the dice.and keep running.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

See, but he was 17, other factors come into play that aren't really factors for an older person.     At 17, it isn't just about that race, it is about your dating future as well.    With all that fame for the pic, how did he get a date after that?  What kind of things was she into?   (I hope that ain't a bridge too far on the subject)..

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Some chicks, and guys are into scat. He shouldn't have too much trouble finding action.

TortisHELL

Dignity is Dead.