What do you call the toe next to your pinky toe anyway? (Read 1631 times)

#artbydmcbride

Piggie IV

Runners run

xor

Piggie IV

Piggie IV: The Voyage Home.

Which ticks off Piggie II, who stayed home anyway.

ultramarathon/triathlete

If I had an extra toe would I run faster?

No, but you'd be a better pianist. 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
        Gatorade Endurance Team

atleast you'll be able to count higher than 20

an amazing likeness

I call mine "the chair leg finder".  It works in conjunction with its partner, the pinkie to create new one-legged dance moves...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I call mine "the chair leg finder".  It works in conjunction with its partner, the pinkie to create new one-legged dance moves...

Hehe!

Ah.  The toe truck.  Seattle thing.

Is that still around or is it history?  Seems like I haven't noticed it in a few years.

xor

I haven't seen it in years either.  I will go poke around the city today and tomorrow and see what I can see.

Show off!!!

xor

A story about the pink tow truck from 2011.

I have reasonably reliable info that the truck is now sitting in a lot on Aurora, kind of in my old neighborhood. I may go look for it tomorrow.

But wait!  But wait!

Apparently, there are TWO pink toe/tow trucks.  For real.  One was moved to a local museum in 2005.

Here is an article about moving the "original" pink toe/tow truck to the museum.  Scroll down for a pic of BOTH pink trucks.

srl- thanks for the links  I'll have to drive past Aurora sometime as well as go to MOHI

I remember the toe truck on top of that building coming down Mercer on the way to Seattle Center & Key Arena to see the Sonics.  don't think been that way since the Sonics went to Oklahoma & definitely not since the toll on 520 kicked in.  When did they move it off Mercer?

xor

I remember the toe truck on top of that building coming down Mercer on the way to Seattle Center & Key Arena to see the Sonics.  don't think been that way since the Sonics went to Oklahoma & definitely not since the toll on 520 kicked in.  When did they move it off Mercer?

A loooong time ago.  Mercer has completely changed... they are (getting close to done?) getting rid of the weird traffic flow in that area.  Essentially, they are straightening and widening Mercer.  Eventually they will make it two way.  It is a huge project that has been going on for years.  Anyway, the tow/toe truck and a whole bunch of stuff you remember along there is gone.

(I live in that area, sort of...)

wow did not realize its been that long!   now that I think of it last time through area was a big mess.  well traffic has always been a mess there but the mess was caused by construction.  Sure hope Guitar Center is still in the area.  hey on a different note, SRL Have you ever done the Lake Union 10K or is that too short for you? ha ha

atleast you'll be able to count higher than 20

yeah,  21