Training Summaries week ending 3/30/08 (Read 563 times)

Feeling the growl again

M - 8.25 miles easy 6:50ish except 1 mile to start tempo attempt, around 6:00, didn't feel it so went back to easy. T - AM, 6 easy 6:58 avg. PM, 8 easy 6:53 avg W - off R - off F - off Sa - AM, 10.25 miles. 6.25 mile warmup 6:50ish then 4 mile tempo 5:54 avg. Su - 9.25 miles moderate, 6:13 avg except last mile 5:24. Total for week: 41.25 miles --I seem to have a very narrow gap between top end and what feels pretty easy right now. Need more fast work.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

SMART Approach

Andy, Won't get much fast work if pushing that baby stroller. BTW, very very cute child.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Hannibal Granite

M - 8.1 miles 7:00 pace + Plyos T - 10.4 miles 7:03 Pace W - 3.6 miles 7:27 Pace R - 16.3 miles 7:05 Pace F - 8.1 miles 7:19 Pace + Plyos Sa - 10.1 miles 7:06 Pace Su - 6 miles 7:13 Pace Total for week: ~62 miles

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

M - rest Tu - 2k warm up, 5k race (21.55 - a 34 second PR Smile) W - rest Th - 10k easy F - 10k easy Sa - 9.5k hills Su - 27k long Total: 63.5k (39.7 miles)
          mikeymike

Mon - 0, almost a week into a battle with the flu. Tue - 6.5 slow, shuffling, wheezing, coughing spasms, seeing stars, wishing for death. Wed - 6.5 slow, but not as slow, coughing, wheezing, keeling over. Thu - 0, need a rest after 2 days of death march. Fri - 8.3 slow, fewer coughing spasms, still shuffling, still lightheaded. Sat - 7.8 easy, still lightheaded and short of breath, but getting better. Sun - 13.5 medium, and I'm almost a runner again. Tot - 42.6 miles. Rough. Started off hellish but by the end felt almost like a runner again.

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

Andy, Won't get much fast work if pushing that baby stroller. BTW, very very cute child.
              Thanks...I am prepared to be a very scary dad during her teenage years. I thought I was safe with my looks but she took after her mom. Right now I think the mileage increase from having the jogger will help more than the reduced pace will hurt. I only plan to use it on easy days anyways. I actually have an accurate 1/4 mile sod/dirt track I laid out last year behind my house. It's got one dip at the 350m mark but is otherwise really good. When the temps hit near 70 in a few weeks, I plan to put her next to the track in her playpen while I get my fast workouts in. When I get time (June?) I am also going to extend my .54 mile grass loop out to just over a full kilometer, so she can play in the safety of the back field and I'll pass by to check on her every couple minutes.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills