Running first thing in the morning (Read 1895 times)

New Runner

I don't worry much about hydration before my morning runs. For runs over an hour I really like this outfit. http://www.rei.com/product/750373 It fits above the waist in the small of my back.
    I've been looking for something like that. Thanks for the link.
      1. How can you ensure you are properly hydrated when you roll out of bed and into your running clothes, 2. I've reached the 10km/1hr mark, and am thinking I should probably start bringing water with me on my run. What is the best way to do this? I hate carrying things when I run.
      1. Drink some the night before. I used to drink 1/2 glass of water before hitting the road, but don't any more. 2. If I don't want to hand carry something, I use an Amphipod (adjustable) belt. I put 1-5 8 oz bottles, and one of my 2 sizes of pouch on it. It's the only belt that felt right and doesn't bounce around on me. On a long run on trails with no available water, 40 oz on the belt plus 2 20 oz bottles in the hands works for me. Remember that one will often lose 8 oz of water in perspiration every 15-20 minutes. If you want to see how much you lose, weigh yourself (dry) before and after a run. It can be surprising. On one 4 1/2 hour run a couple years ago I drank 2 quarts (didn't pee at all) and was still 5 pounds lighter at the end. So I was 2 1/2 quarts low, even after drinking a couple quarts on the run.